Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Bored? Like Squirrels or dopey pranks? Know how to Photoshop?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Bored? Like Squirrels or dopey pranks? Know how to Photoshop? by FieroRumor
Started on: 11-01-2004 03:34 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: litespd on 11-02-2004 08:03 AM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I'll make a joke program that will wait till you haven't moved the mouse for awhile, then This squirrel will fly across yer screen:

Can someone cut out the squirrel, save it as a .bmp, and toss a link up?

I'll do the rest...MUHWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Maybe I'll make it say "Wheeeeeeee" as it flies across the screen.(like in that silly squirrel flash thing)

-FieroRumor

p.s: I don't need the string, just the three squirrels... I'd do it myself but I hafta leave my desk for an hour to deal with a few calls...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 11-01-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SaLvAgEd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
hehe... I can't photoshop, but I thought I'd bump the thread. I wanna see this when you get it finished!
88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
Or the squirrel could tell a stupid joke everytime it flies across the screen!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88red4cyl:
Or the squirrel could tell a stupid joke everytime it flies across the screen!

Don't get enough stupid jokes ?
A good one would be better.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Just a quickie bmps

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of mine.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Those are GREAT!

I finished up the main app part on the ride home from work, I made it so when ya click on the squirrel as it zips across the screen, the line snaps,you hear that "dean scream" and he falls off...

I'll also make it "open", so you can make whatever the heck you want fly across the screen... Heh.

but...what should cause the random squirrel (or whatever) to zip across? a certain amount of idle time? every "so often"?

Any Ideas?

85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Those are GREAT!

I finished up the main app part on the ride home from work, I made it so when ya click on the squirrel as it zips across the screen, the line snaps,you hear that "dean scream" and he falls off...

I'll also make it "open", so you can make whatever the heck you want fly across the screen... Heh.

but...what should cause the random squirrel (or whatever) to zip across? a certain amount of idle time? every "so often"?

Any Ideas?

Random amounts of idle time, but in all cases should be more than 15 or 20 seconds so that the user ain't sure what happens the first time.

I think it's an awesome idea. I remember when I used to program for fun...now I program for money. I guess it's a fair trade

Andrew

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Should I make it wait for a few hours?
twentyeight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twentyeightClick Here to visit twentyeight's HomePageSend a Private Message to twentyeightDirect Link to This Post
OOh, wait till I get to school tomarrow afternoon, I've got photoshop CS there, and I'll hook you up with a very nice and acurate mask...

BMP?? You sure you don't want something higher quality? Is it something to do with the way the graphics are drawn on screen?

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
No, it's just that a few times, people sent me jpgs, which left that annoying smutz around the cut out stuff.

I'll work on it more tomorrow... if ya get a chance to, PM me or post links to yer stuff here...

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

No, it's just that a few times, people sent me jpgs, which left that annoying smutz around the cut out stuff.

I'll work on it more tomorrow... if ya get a chance to, PM me or post links to yer stuff here...

Could you ask your squirrel friend to pose in front of a green screen

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

If you're squirrel fishing, it looks like they're biting today....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock