Prayers needed PLEASE!!! by NotAFieroAnyLonger
Started on: 09-07-2004 01:35 AM
Replies: 66
Last post by: Iron_Mark_2003 on 10-06-2004 04:49 PM
P.O.L. Mafia

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for P.O.L. MafiaClick Here to visit P.O.L. Mafia's HomePageSend a Private Message to P.O.L. MafiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Stop apoligizing. This is what the OT is for, things that matter to us that are not our cars.

Tell Susan that Race said hello and I hope for the best for her.

Cant agree more, sorry i havent seen this sooner, been out of country for a while. I'll do a little prayer for her tonight and spread the word to my family. we have quite a few ministers in my tree. from baptist to methodist, you name it they preach it,,,,,,,,, sortof. anyway i'll get her on the list.

IP: Logged
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks you two...lol
I know that ya'll care or there would'nt be over 500 view's...
I am headed for work, just wanted to bump it....

Steve

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Steve------I can't take credit for this but I thought you and everyone else might enjoy it.

The Images of Mother:

4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE ~ That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.

35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:
65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

Nice post!

I'm 40, and my mother died 4 years ago. I can't count how many times I've wanted to talk to my mother about something. Enjoy her company while you have her.

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
She's still in my thoughts!

I hope it all turns out for the best. My grandfather had both of his legs amputated below the knee. He got around just fine. I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does, I'm sure she will find the strength to pull through it and get on with her life. Plus, she will probably have a walking stick that she could beat you with when you get out of line!

Honestly, I hope it all clears up so she doesn't have to go through any more!

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I hope all is going well with your mom.

I will be praying for your whole family.

Mike

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

She's still in my thoughts!

Plus, she will probably have a walking stick that she could beat you with when you get out of line!

You would like that would'nt you!
Thanks...LOL

LT188GT
Thanks, I like that and will show mom aswell!

Sorry to hear abvout your mom Bear!

Thanks Yellow!
ALL prayers help, trust me!

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Well...
We just got back for seeing the Doctor and I have some not so good new's for ya'll...
Sh eis going back to see the surgeon on Weds. for him to look at it and make a decision... But, the decision is 95% already made...
She is going to have to have it amputated just below her right knee...
Everyone please include myu mother Susan back into your prayers... Please!

Sorry for the bad news!
Steve

------------------
----------------------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*

(( 4.9L-V8-5speed)) swap soon
-----------------------------------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Everyone please include my mother Susan back into your prayers... Please!

She's in my prayers.

Sorry.
I saw this thread and then lost track of it while I was working 12 hour shifts during the week of the hurricane.

trailboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trailbossSend a Private Message to trailbossDirect Link to This Post
I will definitely pray for Susan.

The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
Psalm 145:9

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guy's...
She has had a really hard time the last few weeks since loosing 1/2 of her right foot..
She is having a hard time 'emotionally' loosing it. She has a hard time looking at it and thinks that she looks like a freak or something....
How is she going to be able to handle loosing 1/2 of her leg..?? I feel so sorry for her and wish that it was me and she was not having to go through this or have any of the throbing, burning sensations in her feet and legs.. I wish it was me... I love her and this is about to just kill me. I am sorry for just rambling...
gotta go, sorry again.. I guess this is my problem and should'nt be putting this on your shoulders aswell as mine!
If I can do anything for any of you, I will do my BEST to get it done...
PFF
System Bot
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

She has been in my prayers daily, and I will continue to pray for her.

At least she has something that they can do something about, rather than someting that they cannot. I know it must be rough to have to go through all of that. I see plenty of people that have had to have arms and legs amputated, and I just always thank God that it was something that there were able to fix, even if it were extreme. I never view them as a freak or anything of the like. Diversity is what gives us our individuality, be it good or bad.

I will continue to pray for her. I do not mind reading your posts about her. You are worried, as would I be if my Mother were in that same predicament. My Mother always said that a problem shared is half a problem, so feel free to PM me if you need any support.

We are here not only as Fiero owners, but also as human beings, and I have always felt that a solid support system is good for everyone. I view many people on here as my extended family.

PLEASE keep us updated. I will be looking forward to a report soon on how well she has made it through.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Thank you guy's...
She has had a really hard time the last few weeks since loosing 1/2 of her right foot..
She is having a hard time 'emotionally' loosing it. She has a hard time looking at it and thinks that she looks like a freak or something....
How is she going to be able to handle loosing 1/2 of her leg..?? I feel so sorry for her and wish that it was me and she was not having to go through this or have any of the throbing, burning sensations in her feet and legs.. I wish it was me... I love her and this is about to just kill me. I am sorry for just rambling...
gotta go, sorry again.. I guess this is my problem and should'nt be putting this on your shoulders aswell as mine!
If I can do anything for any of you, I will do my BEST to get it done...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Well...
We just got back for seeing the Doctor and I have some not so good new's for ya'll...
Sh eis going back to see the surgeon on Weds. for him to look at it and make a decision... But, the decision is 95% already made...
She is going to have to have it amputated just below her right knee...
Everyone please include myu mother Susan back into your prayers... Please!

Sorry for the bad news!
Steve
[QUOTE]

I sometimes wish I could have 100% of my optimism amputated. But it has carried me through some really rough times. I pray not only for your Mom's health but also for her optimism. Prayers also for you Steve.
Think of all of the people of the history of earth who did not let their troubles be "the worst".
I'll start.
Helen Keller. The astronauts of Apollo Twelve . Our soldiers who believe in what we are doing in Iraq.

"We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, ''Blessed are they that morn.'' C. S. Lewis 1898-1963, British Academic, Writer, Christian Apologist

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Albert Einstein 1879-1955, German-born American Physicist

The Chinese college students who laid in front of their army's tanks at Tienemian Square ! Lance Armstrong .

It would have to be tougher than I could imagine to "wear" your MOM's shoes ( Sorry for the sick pun, no pun intended ) but maybe a support group with others that have been there would be of help. I will also pray for comfort and understanding for her.

Anyone else know of those who rose above obstacles, tragedies, or other life crushing blows ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-21-2004).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35994 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Did she get my card ?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieros_Forever:

She has been in my prayers daily, and I will continue to pray for her.

At least she has something that they can do something about, rather than someting that they cannot. I know it must be rough to have to go through all of that. I see plenty of people that have had to have arms and legs amputated, and I just always thank God that it was something that there were able to fix, even if it were extreme. I never view them as a freak or anything of the like. Diversity is what gives us our individuality, be it good or bad.

I will continue to pray for her. I do not mind reading your posts about her. You are worried, as would I be if my Mother were in that same predicament. My Mother always said that a problem shared is half a problem, so feel free to PM me if you need any support.

We are here not only as Fiero owners, but also as human beings, and I have always felt that a solid support system is good for everyone. I view many people on here as my extended family.

PLEASE keep us updated. I will be looking forward to a report soon on how well she has made it through.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

Thanks FF... I know that we are here not only as Fiero owner, but as real people also. I just feel like I am being a burden by telling my personal or family problems to the whole world...
I am and always have been a pretty private person. That's just how I am. It is hard for me to have this thread going on, but I need the prayers and support for my mother, not me. I am not worried about myself, just her and the kiddo's...
I know and so does she that there are lterally millions in the world with some sort of amputations for whatever reason.. But, it is different when it is YOUR leg that is being cut off... Just like when Ciara who's 8 1/2 and in 3rd grade tell's me about such and such at school does this or that.. I tell her I am not concerned w/other's, just concered with you...
Anyways.. Thanks for the reply!

Steve

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:

Did she get my card ?

No, not yet.. When did it go out from there..??

------------------
----------------------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*

(( 4.9L-V8-5-Speed)) swap soon
-----------------------------------------------

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Just wanted to add that I did just go check the mail and I did get a card from Dar...
Thank you Dar, it made her smile... Like this------->

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 09-21-2004).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome.

My computer connection was crapping out on me the past 2 days. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.
I hope all goes well with the new surgery. Tell her that I'm still thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers.
If you need to talk, you know were to pm me.

You two take care of each other! I wish you both the best.

Dar

[This message has been edited by fierogirls-mom (edited 09-23-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dar.. I will tell her and if I need to talk it would'nt be a first time right..?? Me the problem person and Dar the listener. thanks!
Thank you everyone for the constant prayers!

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

You're welcome.

My computer connection was crapping out on me the past 2 days. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.
I hope all goes well with the new surgery. Tell her that I'm still thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers.
If you need to talk, you know were to write me.

You two take care of each other! I wish you both the best.

Dar

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

bluegin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blueginSend a Private Message to blueginDirect Link to This Post
prayers to you and your mom I know what your going through we lost my father in law and my ex mother in law to the disease and went through the amputations and all my heart hurts for you having to watch her go through all this and feeling you can't help but just remember your doing what she needs most your loving her and standing beside her and caring for her and we're praying for her and for you....I lost my dad the same month the same year as my father in law 26 days apart just cherish her and be there for her to lean on and depend on and most of all take care of yourself you must not forget to care for yourself so your able to keep caring for her...

love and prayers
Gin-a

I'm fairly new here but I'm not new to your pain and fear....

sweet dreams and answered prayers

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Bump for Steve's mom! She will having surgery (mid-calf amputation) at the end of this week, Steve says. So here is another bump and prayer for your mother.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Steve,

Continued prayers out to yur mother and you. Keep the faith. It is hard for both of you, but at least you have each other and everyday in the company of the ones you love is better than the alternative.

Mark

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

Bump for Steve's mom! She will having surgery (mid-calf amputation) at the end of this week, Steve says. So here is another bump and prayer for your mother.

Yes, she is having it tomorrow.. Please say some prayers for her!
Thanks you for all the support from you guy's and gal's!

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXDirect Link to This Post
Steve I dont know you too well but it saddens me when I hear of situations like this, God works in the weirdest ways and im sure hes with your mom right now holding her hand through these hard times...I said it once and ill say it again...sometimes im too into my cars and amps and I just gotta take it easy and look at the world around us...bombing, poverty, war, death...when will it end? I cant say I know how your feeling because I dont...I dont know what id do if I lost my mother thats why my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom

Brad

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
To Steve and Family.I have asked my Mum to stand beside you all.I am sure she will be looking over you now , and through the coming weeks of stress and strain.I hope your Mum feels the warmth of her love, just as my family still do.She has enough to spare!! Good luck.
fierofetish
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nick, Mark, Brad and Gin-a!
Mom came through this latest surgery which was a mid-calf amputation.. So she is not very good emotionally and between mom in the hospital, me having to work and the kiddo's.. I am wore smooth out.. Thanks again for all the prayers and kind words!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 10-05-2004).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Bump!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock