Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  HELP ME QUICK I FOUND A HURT SQURRIL (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
HELP ME QUICK I FOUND A HURT SQURRIL by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 07-08-2004 12:57 AM
Replies: 73
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 07-11-2004 08:14 PM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MontrealMike:

The real super squirrel

Arnold Squirrelinator?

IP: Logged
Red86SEautox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
They eat a variety of nuts so you can get some at the local store and put them near it but don't get too close. Also try to get unsalted or lightly salted peanuts. If you get lightly salted be sure to provide water..
Sqirrel Psycology

My Wife A Few Years Back:

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-08-2004).]

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, aside for the pics, I feel a lot dumber for having read all that.

It's a frickin' rodent.

p.s. Trevor, you're still a troll.......

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Holy crap!! A little harsh isn't it?

Originally posted by FieroBUZZ:

It's a frickin' rodent.

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 07-08-2004).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Holy crap!! A little harsh isn't it?

You said it, SCCA. WTF?

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

It's a frickin' rodent.

Speeking of trolls and rodents....
Nevermind... I re-read your post.. funny.. heh.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
well, cmon.. lifelines? You think they are going to waste money on it? He got the sleepy juice that same hour..
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Seriously guys - the squirrel wheelchair comments are funny and it was fine to suggest to Trev that death may be the best reprieve but anything more than that is a bit cruel. We're here to be supportive....let's stop degrading each other. Some day you may have a kid who brings home a hurt bird or squirrel and they'll want your support too! My sister rescued a rabbit that was attacked by our cat and the darn bunny still hops up to her today when she sees it!

Jen

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

well, cmon.. lifelines? You think they are going to waste money on it? He got the sleepy juice that same hour..

Sleepy juice? Naw, I got my money on "Yellow Pages dropped from 3 ft." Splat.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes it's easier to have compassion for animals than for people
PFF
System Bot
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes animals deserve it more than people...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hartz:

Sometimes animals deserve it more than people...

Couldn't have said it better myself!

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for you all who tried to help. I gave you each plus's if you didn't already have him.
he was put to sleep and his suffering was ended. it sucks he couldnt make it. but atleast he is no longer in horrible pain. i just got off work and i am going to sleep i didnt sleep last night around 5 am i tried to give him some apple after researching what he could eat online. he didnt eat it. so i stroked his little head tell he closed his eyes, and after that they never reopend. he was still breathing but never opend his eyes again he was shaking when i took him into the vets. i kinda new he wasnt gonna make it from the begining but i didnt want to give up hope.
i hate to see a poor animal in alot of pain and know there is nothing i can do to make it better.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
You are in my thoughts Trev, let me have some of that pain you feel...
now go to sleep, you need it.

Thanks for sharing.

Rest well, you did your very best my friend.
If I may say it, Bless your good and kind heart Trevor

As far as pluses.. you had one in my books since this thread last year..
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20031229-6-016470.html

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I feed the Squirrls too... My Dog.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

It's a frickin' rodent.

Hey just so you know I got very terry eyed and cryed as i handed the "fricking rodent" to the vette.
yes thats right I cryed in front of a bunch of people and looked stupid. feel free to use that to make fun of me from now on out. I dont really care what you think of me buzz. If i did somthing in the past when i was younger and alot more imature I apologize. beyond that there is not much i can say. im sure alot of people think of me as a troll still. somtimes I'll sit here and look up posts that are in archives and i can't even belive i said or did alot of that stuff and i feel extreamly stupid.
its the past. I can't change that. i made my bed and now i gota lie in it. even if it means i am forever known as a troll. if i didn't care anymore i could just leave this forum and post on any other of the billons of forums out there, Start over and not be known as a troll.
But I cant, i havnt owned a fiero for over a year. i may never own one again. but i won't leave this forum.
despite all the stupid stuff i said and did on here, all the people i pissed off or made upset.
when i really need help and i have no one to turn to like i did last night. i loged on and people still helped me. despite weather they though of me as a troll or not. they offerd me advice.
i live on my own in louisiana and i dont have family or relatives out here with me im alone.
and know when i dont know where to turn for advice i often turn to this forum. i guess it sort of feels like a big family to me. i dont post to much anymore but everyday i read this forum.
i dont know much about cars, im young and not very experinced in life. but if there is anything i can offer to help someone else that needs it on the forum i will.
even if you think im a troll. if you ever come to this forum for help. ill offer you my help if i can help in any way. you may not want or take my help because you dont like me. but i will offer it.

84bill thank you for your help. i don't know what i would have done lastnight without you there to help and offer your advice. as soon as i read your post i acctuly went back into the bathroom where the squrril was and tryed to gain his trust with your tips! i was sqwinting my eyes and chattering and everything lol.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

I feed the Squirrls too... My Dog.

thats so funny! did you make that up yourself? because if you did Bravo!
ive never heard a joke like that before.

im sorry but i just sat next to a dying suffering squrril and had to watch him writher in pain. it may not bother or upset you, but it does me. so im asking you please dont say stuff that makes me think of a squrril being chewed up by a dog while trying to sqwither away for his life.
im asking you all please. just let the thread die or somthing. it would mean alot to me if you all did. i know i just bumped it myself but i had to to ask people to be more sensitive.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

Damnit man now you just made me cry...

You can always come here when you need people. You don't need to own a fiero to share the "pride" we all feel for this place. It's free.

Sorry for the bump.
Maybe Cliff can lock it down so it can quietly slip away.

Get some rest Trev...

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2004 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Trevor, no matter what some may say, it is better to have tried than to have just driven by with nary a curious glance. So many people spend their lives just driving by, not bothering to stop and help, and their lives are shallower for not having tried.

It is that feeling of empathy and sympathy that defines us as humans, and though I'm sad to say that not all people meet that definition I'm glad to know there are others out there who do.

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
"May he rest in peace."

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Trevor, darn you now you made me cry.
I'm sorry about the squirrel, I'm sure you comforted him when he was in pain.
He probably felt your love and concern, and was happy that someone was with him in the end.
Take care and get some sleep.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

thats so funny! did you make that up yourself? because if you did Bravo!
ive never heard a joke like that before.

im sorry but i just sat next to a dying suffering squrril and had to watch him writher in pain. it may not bother or upset you, but it does me. so im asking you please dont say stuff that makes me think of a squrril being chewed up by a dog while trying to sqwither away for his life.
im asking you all please. just let the thread die or somthing. it would mean alot to me if you all did. i know i just bumped it myself but i had to to ask people to be more sensitive.

I always think people like you are a little funny. Its just an animal. Same with the dog. The dog has to eat something.... Might as well be a squrril. Heck I have been known to eat the occational Hamburger.... Yes I have watched how they Kill them and slaughter them.... I am not a animal rights activest. I wear a leather jacket. But as far as Wild animals go....there fair game.
1 I used to and still do shoot wild stray cats.... Yes I do have a cat as a pet as well. But I dont go to the extream as far as that goes.
You may be thinking of me as a Crule sadistic person but animals are not Human. They dont think for themselves... They just act on impulse. Frankly A dead Squrril isnt something that would make me loose any sleep. If I find an injured animal I usally put it out of its missouy and feed it to my dog or cat.

Its just like Prairie Dogs. People are now having them as pets. I dont see what is so great about them. They destroy Pasutre Grounds, and they Carry Buebonic Plage. We here where I live are trying to get rid of them. By the way of shooting them.... Some even use Anhydrous Ammonia and gas them out. Some Animals seem to have no natural reason for being.... other then to be a pest. Now before you attack me on my posisition... I have a Question. If some kind of bug was to take over your house.... Would you let them or call the extermanator? Heaven forbid that those termites would eat you out of house and home.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I always think people like you are a little funny. Its just an animal. Same with the dog. The dog has to eat something.... Might as well be a squrril. Heck I have been known to eat the occational Hamburger.... Yes I have watched how they Kill them and slaughter them.... I am not a animal rights activest. I wear a leather jacket. But as far as Wild animals go....there fair game.
1 I used to and still do shoot wild stray cats.... Yes I do have a cat as a pet as well. But I dont go to the extream as far as that goes.
You may be thinking of me as a Crule sadistic person but animals are not Human. They dont think for themselves... They just act on impulse. Frankly A dead Squrril isnt something that would make me loose any sleep. If I find an injured animal I usally put it out of its missouy and feed it to my dog or cat.

Its just like Prairie Dogs. People are now having them as pets. I dont see what is so great about them. They destroy Pasutre Grounds, and they Carry Buebonic Plage. We here where I live are trying to get rid of them. By the way of shooting them.... Some even use Anhydrous Ammonia and gas them out. Some Animals seem to have no natural reason for being.... other then to be a pest. Now before you attack me on my posisition... I have a Question. If some kind of bug was to take over your house.... Would you let them or call the extermanator? Heaven forbid that those termites would eat you out of house and home.

Nice display of compassion and caring there, you make me glad to be human.

BTW, in case you missed biology class it might interest you to know that you are an animal as well. The only thing that distinguishes most of us from the other animals is the ability to feel compassion and empathy, and the ability (most of the time anyway) to override our animal instincts in our behavior.

JazzMan

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Some Animals seem to have no natural reason for being.... other then to be a pest.

There isn't ONE unnessary thing on this planet....................except Man.
He's the ONLY creature that doesn't live NATURELY.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Say it with me now..
NEG
ET
TIVE

Keep practicing.

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
The funny part of your argument is that man is far above any animal in this planet. When I start to see other animals industrilize then I will belive that man is just another animal.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

The funny part of your argument is that man is far above any animal in this planet. When I start to see other animals industrilize then I will belive that man is just another animal.

Hey, if you can't see the relationship between yourself and the other animals on this planet I don't know what else to say. Keep your eyes closed and keep clicking your heels together if that's what makes you happy, nobody else will notice.

JazzMan

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Hey, if you can't see the relationship between yourself and the other animals on this planet I don't know what else to say. Keep your eyes closed and keep clicking your heels together if that's what makes you happy, nobody else will notice.

JazzMan

Don't waster your time Jazz, some animals are really really stupid and need to be put down.

sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Its okay Trevor.....I still love ya!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Man is the only animal that blushes-or has a need to.
BTW, prairie dogs were once abundant here in west Texas. They are now on the protected species list. I haven't seen a colony in years.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
If you want them back in texas then Come here and get them. They have taken over Kansas and Colorado.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Thats cause people suck.We are more like a virus than an animal.
viruses are typically not considered living organisms.
Animals work in an environment we destroy our environment.

The combination of external physical conditions that affect and influence the growth, development, and survival of organisms: “We shall never understand the natural environment until we see it as a living organism” (Paul Brooks).
we try and kill that living organism.We consume,multiply and deplete our host to our own destuction.Just like a virus.

Sorry hit me with a touchy subject.I'm sure your all very nice viruses

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock