Started on: 03-21-2002 06:32 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Jaygee79 on 03-24-2002 10:12 AM
Voytek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
No offence to anyone here but it's not really about 'adolescence' and 'expression'. It's more about equality. If the school has a 'racism commitee' (oh please ) and THEY are allowed to hang their $hit throughout the school, then why should a student not be allowed to express their OWN opinion? Oh, I see, if you think like 'they' do, than it's OK, right?

I'm not one to hang any signs and symbols around, btw. And yeah, it is school property and, ultimately, they can tell you what you can and cannot do and there is nothing one can do about it.

Also, Lepper - the swastika originated from the Romans, not the natives.

------------------

IP: Logged
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
The swastika used to be an Indian solar symbol. Been around a lot longer than Hitler and his crew This site has some good info on the history of the swastika
http://history1900s.about.com/library/holocaust/aa120699a.htm

Once again i state that its not the same thing. There are symbols similar to it approx. 7 diffrent cultures. It has nver been proven that they got it from any of them. The theory the did is just that a theory. Never been proven and it never will as its not true. A lot of similar things develop in diffrent cultures over history. Does not mean they were stolen from each other.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Well I'll be ****ed!

My Arayan brother's definately are not going to be too happy about this when they hear about it at our next meeting.

Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post
um.....gonna get flamed here...but.....

Two words.......(to start)...

GROW UP......so what...you HAVE an opinion....so does everyone one else....in YOUR house it IS YOURS....but at SCHOOL it is ONLY...YOURS.

Sorry their right...stop whining and deal with the fact that in life YOU dont get everything you want..and EVERYTHING you think is NOT neccessariy important.

Lean this now.....or you will be 30 before you know it wonderin how to make the next rent check cause complainin DONT PAY THE BILLS.

Besides anarachy is not a BELIEF it isnt anything by defintion.

By def. it means that someone could take you out and kill you JUST because they DONT agree with yOUR symbol....think about it.

Sorry....just an opinion..one post only, if your gonna flame I probably wont see it.

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
I say "Suck it up!"

So the anarchy "A" is back in fashion, huh? *yawn*

Suck it up, honey. Not everyone is going to have as big a sense of humor as your school does.

If you want to be unique, why not try "professionalism?" The punk-gangsta-anarchist thing is too common. PLUS, you get a life-skill

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
The swastika used to be an Indian solar symbol. Been around a lot longer than Hitler and his crew This site has some good info on the history of the swastika
http://history1900s.about.com/library/holocaust/aa120699a.htm

thanks for the link Loafer, that is exactly what I was talking about.. I didn't realize that other cultures had used it as well, but now I've seen how common it was.. the part about the reversal is very interesting..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Woah, this thread didn't turn out the way she thought it would.. Anyways, I think the kids of today will turn out just fine (I'm one of them, thank you very much, and I am the type who will not be content until I own a few million in assets and have the power to ruin someones life with the wave of a hand) But seriously, look at you guys from the 60's, and I don't care if you think it's worse now, I don't think it is, and you guys turned out semi-decent...
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
I am the type who will not be content until I own a few million in assets and have the power to ruin someones life with the wave of a hand) ...

Johnny: BRING IT!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Well, I don't have it yet..
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
When you do, you know my number!
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Well it all depends if a person sees it and if they dislike it.

Back at my old college Ferris State, I was an RA there and some people had the rebel flag in their room hanging on the wall. Well a few of the minority's seen it and asked me if I could have them take it down.

Well I didn't want to look like an ass and I told them I would have to talk to my Hall Director about it, and she said if it affended them yes, have them take it down or move it so its not visible anymore.

All and all they moved it and both were happy

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 5spd, 3.4 75 NOS
LoW Key's Red Bullet

PFF
System Bot
cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
I would not not take it down or if I did because it is on school property I would have a tee shirt made and wear it once a week. Everytime we let the system win just because one person is offended we end up taking more of our own freedoms away. I say if only a few people have a problem with something they should have to suck it up. Why should the majority of the population not be allowed to do certain things just because it offends 1% of people.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cunninghamsean:
I would not not take it down or if I did because it is on school property I would have a tee shirt made and wear it once a week. Everytime we let the system win just because one person is offended we end up taking more of our own freedoms away. I say if only a few people have a problem with something they should have to suck it up. Why should the majority of the population not be allowed to do certain things just because it offends 1% of people.

AAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm guessing that you are still in high-school, right?

FIGHT THE SYSTEM!
ROFL
ROFL

Someday, you'll look back at this in either 2 ways:
1) Wow, what a goof I was! (while sitting in your comfy offic/whatever making decent money)

OR:

2) I was RIGHT! FIGHT THE SYSTEM (While sitting in your trailer waiting for your next welfare cheque)

Life is about choices. By choosing to reject society and it's rules, there will be CONSEQUENCES.

ShootingStar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShootingStarSend a Private Message to ShootingStarDirect Link to This Post
Ok ok, hold up, there's a couple things I should've mentioned on the original post. First of all, itz on a piece of paper, not on the actual locker. Second, I don't actually carry it out, I just like the word. I would NEVER even TRY overthrowing the Canadian government, although it'd be pretty simple. I just think the government needs a change. Third off, I do know what anarchy is, I'm not a total idiot as some of you seem to think I am. And if I didn't know what it was, I wouldn't pretend that I do.

For those with the insults and comments about teens, I thank you, I needed the laughs!

------------------
:)formerly yo_sweets_babe (by name) :)

"That my son, is a Chevy Monte Carlo."

How bad have you got it?

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShootingStar:
Ok ok, hold up, there's a couple things I should've mentioned on the original post. First of all, itz on a piece of paper, not on the actual locker. Second, I don't actually carry it out, I just like the word. I would NEVER even TRY overthrowing the Canadian government, although it'd be pretty simple. I just think the government needs a change. Third off, I [b]do know what anarchy is, I'm not a total idiot as some of you seem to think I am. And if I didn't know what it was, I wouldn't pretend that I do.

For those with the insults and comments about teens, I thank you, I needed the laughs!

[/B]

If you REALLY know what anarchy TRULY means, how could you EVER wish to have a symbol of it? Do you even have an INKLING of what happens with authoratative control is relaxed on a large population?

I think the consensus isn't that you are an idiot. Only that you need to grow up a little, and realize that if you reject societies rules, then society will reject you. And where will you be then? Collecting drink cans in a shopping cart.

HOWEVER, you are free to make your own choices. But by rejecting the school's rules, they are threatening to reject you. What did you honestly expect?

I say that you take down your symbol, and learn what anarchy really means. If you want, I'll give you some stuff to look at. It will open your eyes.

I'm not attacking you for your views. But I do think you should learn some more. I have some stories of my own. PM me if you are at all interested.

ShootingStar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShootingStarSend a Private Message to ShootingStarDirect Link to This Post

Woah, this thread didn't turn out the way she thought it would

Actually, I was expecting all of this, I almost didn't post it in the first place. Again, I'm not as dumb as I look. I do have a mind, I don't *whine* when I have problems (if you read it carefully, you'd see I was just asking what I should do), and yes, I can take criticism as well as any of you.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Shootingstar: Pm!
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

...Again, I'm not as dumb as I look. ...

I'm not as dumb as some people look! hehehe

ejayerik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
AHA! I told you some people look for flames!
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
there is some sort of ironic paradoxical humor to all this and I cant quite put my finger on it.

Someone puts up a symbol promoting anarchy

and gets yelled at and told to take it down

cause its AGAINST THE RULES!

and now she is upset cause she feels its unfair

?!?!

reminds me of the line from the Jimmy Steward movie "oh around here suicide is against the LAW!"

If you are into anarchy then what do you car about rules, or authority, or education?!

and if you are promoting anarchy then you sound pretty silly complaining that someone is treating you unfairly, or THEY are not following the rules.

are you the only one who is allowed to practice anarchy?! everyone else has to follow the rules you have rejected?!

I dont get it!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Ken.. Thats quite a good point
PFF
System Bot
cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
No, sorry mach10 not in highschool. But pretty high up in the enlisted side of the military and sometimes I just get feed up with the wineing b----es and having my freedoms taken away because one person gets offended.
btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post

Ken.. Thats quite a good point

I 2nd that. It is quite ironic. Haha.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
also reminds me of a guy who walked into a bank in Buffalo, NY a few years ago and handed the teller a stick-em-up note

the teller asked the man if he had an account there. he said no!

so she told him, Im sorry, I cant help you if you dont have an account here.

and the guy left!

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Ken Wittlief

8410 posts
Member since Apr 2001
or people who scream at their children to "BE QUIET!"

or bumper sticker that says "Be nice or Ill punch your stinking ugly face in"

:c)

ShootingStar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShootingStarSend a Private Message to ShootingStarDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I went to the principal and asked if they'd be willing to compromise, just so both sides could shut up.
I'm allowed to leave it up, but it has to be in the back of my locker. Better then nothing I guess!
gtsonly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtsonlySend a Private Message to gtsonlyDirect Link to This Post
It's not a Rebel Flag, it is a Confederate Flag and a symbol of what formed this country. To the south the flag is a symbol of pride not racism. It has been used for hate and that is sad. Freedom comes with a price, a set of standards and rules , that as humans there be a common respect towards one another. Perfect world. I know!!! People everyday try to push the limits of society, some do some don't but in both cases there usually is a decline in respect towards others. Learn from history to prevent the same occurances from happening in the future. What ever happened to day the when kids were kids and they weren't thinking about how to push the limits and create hate amongst there elders. I remember earning the respect of people, kids these days feel the deserve it.

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtsonly:
It's not a Rebel Flag, it is a Confederate Flag ...

EXACTLY!!!!! There's a street here in Tyler that is called *Confederate Street*.. Of course the NAACP and several other(black supporting) group's that have tried to have the name changed...... The Mayor said .... "Leave it... I like it...!!" Of course he's a 40'ish white man... ehh??

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GTS"

Euro Rear taillight's, Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Decklid scoop, Z~3 vent's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom Made-Front and Rear Fascia's...

"Ohh my, Where are the door handle's..??"

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendDirect Link to This Post
Not so sure I subscribe to this idea of "conform or be homeless attitude". Everything you read, hear, and see on T.V should be taken with a grain of salt. If should be questioned. God has given us minds to use, so that we dont just digest things without really thinking about them..

Infact, alot of the biggest heros of our time come from people who were just willing to be silenced, and to accept what society says. Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Gaundi , and a host of others were curageous for that they did.

Infact, its almost shameful that people look down upon the guy for wanting to stick up for his rights. TRUE, its a Anarachy symbol, which probably shouldent be allowed in school lockers, just like KKK symbols and the likes.

I think that person freedom should be limited to not interfering with others. For example, it should be my personal freedom to kill anyone I want! This freedom I want is hurting others. Of course, the flip side is. I dont like that, take it down. Which of course is also enfringing on someone elses rights.

I guess my point is that people are bashing the guys stand. And although this actual argument is a little moot, the traits, courage, and leadership that it takes to question "authority" and "normalicy" is the fiber of what has forge some of the greatest people of the last century.

gtsonly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2002 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtsonlySend a Private Message to gtsonlyDirect Link to This Post
godsend, what did you just finish smoking? You are out there my friend. I think you should have said, " you have the freedom to kill anyone you want but be prepared to suffer the consequences, Jail and lots of salad tossing by men bigger than you." Ask Mike Tison.

------------------

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

First of all, no offence, but I'm sure you don't know what anarchy "really" is.. But anyways, so I guess I should be allowed to wear a schwatzica(sp?) around? I don't care if it's my belief (no, it's not).. It's going to upset some people.

Interesting paradox. A guy with an anarchy symbol, quoting a law to support his rights. Contemplate *that* for a moment.

PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
very off-topic.. but how many people here didn't notice that shooting_star is a girl..?

not that it matters, but several people in this thread have referred to her as a guy

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Please remind me of this law I just quoted?
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:
Not so sure I subscribe to this idea of "conform or be homeless attitude". Everything you read, hear, and see on T.V should be taken with a grain of salt. If should be questioned. God has given us minds to use, so that we dont just digest things without really thinking about them...

Sorry, TV? Speaking from personal experience (people I know... I have a home, I live in a drawer)... Pretty much everyone that I know that tried the punk/anarchy/anti-authoritarian thing is either dead, missing, stoned, or all three.

Shooting_star: Post that essay I wrote you... Too tired to type it again!

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
The Stars and Bars ( Confederate Flag ) is seen by me as proof that we Americans can take on the government when we disaprove of something as a whole, as so stated in the Second Ammendment. Beleive me, when we hired Steve "Tennessee" Childers here at WCF, we got to learn ALL about life in the south from his perspective.

As far as the Anarchy logo in the locker, hey, she just wants to be different - just like everybody else

------------------
( the above was the thoughts, views, and opinions of a disgruntled Fiero mechanic, and do not express or
imply those of West Coast Fiero, Fieros West, or any other organization - just that of this poor
bastard )

Eric Nelson
Technician,
West Coast Fiero
310-305-4111

[This message has been edited by West Coast Fiero (edited 03-23-2002).]

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtsonly:
godsend, what did you just finish smoking? You are out there my friend. I think you should have said, " you have the freedom to kill anyone you want but be prepared to suffer the consequences, Jail and lots of salad tossing by men bigger than you." Ask Mike Tison.

That was my point. What I am saying is this. Everyone wants their freedoms right? According to alot of people here out freedoms get trampled on every day. Well, I am suggesting, that by providing a law which puts people in jail, you are wrecking my freedom to KILL people.

Its a twist. Obviously no one should have the freedom to kill anyone else. Because..... your freedom to kill is intruding on someone elses free (that being to live). Do you see my point???

I am trying to make a point about the limit of freedom. Killing is an extreme case, and one that gets the point across.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2002 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

First of all, itz on a piece of paper, not on the actual locker. Second, I don't actually carry it out, I just like the word.

So basically you are a poser.

DISMISSED!

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Hope this isn't too big...

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
The freedom to be able to kill people with no consequences? (Looks off into space dreaming and smiling).. Wha? Oh, sorry..
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2002 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

The freedom to be able to kill people with no consequences? (Looks off into space dreaming and smiling).. Wha? Oh, sorry..

Johnny: You're "free" to try!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock