Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Kamens IT/Ginger revealed on dec 3rd?! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Kamens IT/Ginger revealed on dec 3rd?! by Ken Wittlief
Started on: 11-26-2001 03:01 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: Mr.Frosty on 12-03-2001 12:51 PM
RedHaze86SD4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedHaze86SD4Send a Private Message to RedHaze86SD4Direct Link to This Post
hmmm all these sound kool and everything and I've even seen somethings similar before... but personally I'll keep toying with gasoline... I still like the military's hot/cold intake from the 60s LOL.... Thats has HI-Tech as I wanna get right now

"well see. It werks like this, see. You gotta send through this thingy here. And it gets really hot, see. Then it goes through this here thingy and it gets really cold. And thats it..... Neh It won't work" Don't ask.. really old and low budget film

------------------

IP: Logged
Mr.Frosty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2001 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FrostySend a Private Message to Mr.FrostyDirect Link to This Post
All I'm hoping for is a Stirling motor that will replace my tired 2.3 in my Ranger,cuz that thing rattles and pings like a can of ball bearings.If it wasn't my only form of transportation right now,I'd pull the motor and get the 3.0L for it.

------------------
85 GT Turbo intercooled

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2001 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Its official! GMA is broadcasting teasers and ABC has commercials on the air for monday morning

it looks like ABC has the EXCLUSIVE reveal of Dean Kamens ITs invention - live on Good Morning America.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2001 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
mabey it is some kinda lightsaber ?
ha ha that would be sweet !
some guy cut's u off the road u jump out and slice his car in half!!
then all the time u would see people light saber battling on the side of the road.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA01130IT_Friday.html
Well, for some reason ,can't get the link to work, but go to abc news.com and follow the links. Maybe someone else can correct the link to make it work. The guy that has supposedly seen it, says it's:
NOT cold fusion
NOT a better mouse trap
NOT a transporter beam (Star Trek)
But it will change the world and is bigger than the internet. Who knows?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-01-2001).]

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
A newspaper in NH is reporting that after IT is revealed on Good morning america, that Kamen will have a live demo of IT

on the ROOF OF A BUILDING IN MANHATTEN!

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
For 20 years I've tried to think up how to have a variable-speed transmission in passenger cars, but I'm no engineer. Finally I'm hearing that Audi has a "CVT" available in A4's. This has the potential for being a GREAT invention, both for gas mileage and engine wear. The thing I read on MSN says some other carmakers have had it too, but with less success, and Audi has matched it up to an engine which has real power. Good for them!

------------------

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2001 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
on the roof ???? a demo on the roof ???
we already envented waterballon's !
oh wait there are other reson's for roof's huh ?
wait ! mabey it's a really really big water ballon !!

really though ! wtf is it ? A Jet Pack ?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
http://www.drudgereport.com/
A Segway? Is this IT? If it is, I was first!!! If it isn't, oh well, my bad.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-03-2001).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I'll be at work....so who's going to tell us? Better yet, who's going to find a link to the website that tells us the lowdown?

I am SO curious...I hate being curious!

Bryce
88 GT

malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
i'll be home. i'll see if i can find out what IT is.
then i'll post IT.
i expect a $5.00 gift certificate for cookies from anyone who finds out what IT is from me. in the absence of a cookie certificate i will accept black V-6 '88 GT Fieros.
thank you.

------------------
Malacite

Grendel-88 Fiero RIP
'94 Saturn SW2 RallySport
'95 Saturn SL1 Touring

PFF
System Bot
NOCONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NOCONESSend a Private Message to NOCONESDirect Link to This Post
wow, that' awsome.. i guarentee that is it. it's such a good idea. it works kinda like a sail boat. the wind pushes the sail, and the boats resitance is moving forward. this has gravity pull the segway down, and it's resistance is rolling to try to resist gravity. I only have three questions.. can it climb hills.. how fast ist it.. and as so as i get one who wants to race??

------------------
NOCONES
-84 2M4
-4.10 4-speed
-SCCA sollo II

Addmit it... it's just as much fun alone... Solo II

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
This may or not be IT. You have to take ANYTHING you read on the Drudge Report with a grain of salt. $8000 and no roof? No brakes? No cup holder? No place to put pinetree air freshener? The govt is probably already figuring how they are going to collect lic fees and issue inspection stickers. I am hoping it's more than just this scooter thing. Wait a minute..no o2 sensor, no broken exh or cyl hd bolts, no burping. hmmm
Don

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-03-2001).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Ha! I'll top that! I'll give you [whisper]pictures of[/whisper] BOTH!

Bryce
88 GT

Originally posted by malacite:
i'll be home. i'll see if i can find out what IT is.
then i'll post IT.
i expect a $5.00 gift certificate for cookies from anyone who finds out what IT is from me. in the absence of a cookie certificate i will accept black V-6 '88 GT Fieros.
thank you.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I really hope that scooter thing isn't it. After all this time of anticipation, he plans to release a product that won't make it in the real world. It was stated he believes cities and parks will use these rather than cars or golf-cart type vehicles. Thats garbage. Didn't this guy realize that it rains. Even if it was waterproof (which I doubt) what city man in his buiness suit wants to get wet. And the snow? It sure as heck doens't have the kick-butt heater my fiero does.

Perhaps a small little accessory, such as a luxary for the wealthier type, like bill gates, to get from one side of his house to the other. But a replacement to cars, this is not.

And besides, its plastic. "You'll die crossing streets on that deathtrap" And what if it has electrical fires? "Oh yea, those things, they catch on fire right?" And I wonder what they have for electric motors.. "The motor is where in those?"
And I'm sure all parts aren't from the US. "Yea, way to support asia with your Jap Crap," Then you point to the back.

Wow, sorta sounds like the last invention this huge. All just big misconseptions, Hope this one doens't get halted after only 4 years.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Yep, looks like the Drudge Report was right, just saw em talking about it on CNN. We don't even have sidewalks here, & if we did, they'd roll em up at 9PM. Wonder what happens if you get hit by one of those 4ft diameter tumbleweeds out here?
Mr.Frosty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FrostySend a Private Message to Mr.FrostyDirect Link to This Post
Well,I woke up early to see that? I'm disappointed to say the least.If your not protected from the weather while your riding it,then it will be lumped in with skateboards and bicycles.Not revolutionary by any means.It can't go over curbs,and it can only take gradual slopes.What happens when someone is going fullspeed and hits a curb? They'll be launched into the air.Yeah;but it'll stay upright,o.k.I'd rather walk or take my bike,then waste $3,000.00 dollars for that.So I'm negative,well I could've hit the snooze button on the alarm clock 3 more times...damn.

[edit] If your wondering;I woke up at 7:00am,not just now. [edit]

------------------
85 GT Turbo intercooled

[This message has been edited by Mr.Frosty (edited 12-03-2001).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave