Started on: 07-31-2000 09:28 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Raydar on 07-31-2000 09:45 PM
Patrick's Dad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
This may belong in the Technical thread....

This morning, my wife started her 1992 Ford Explorer. While it started easily, it quickly stalled. She tried it three times, then, already late for work, she came in to the house to tell me about it. We traded off out three month old daughter (feeding duty) and I quickly got some clothes on.

I turned over the engine, then let off the gas. Instant stall. I turned it over, and held the gas a bit, then let go. Stall.

I had a pretty good idea what it was. I got out and openned the hood. I cranked the engine and listened. Sure enough, a vacuum leak. I traced the open nipple, but couldn't find the hose. I stuck my finger over the hole, and the engine jumped to attention, running like it should have.

I tried to find a couple of things to plug the hole, but couldn't on three tries. Then it occurred to me where I might find something to fit. I got my keys out, and opened the decklid of my baby. I took off the MAP sensor, and disconnected the vacuum fitting and about 1" of small hose. I then took it to the Fix Or Repair Daily and stuck it in place. It ran rough, but it got my wife to work and back.

I feel kinda bad, though, for McGuyvering a Found On the Road Dead with a part from my Formula....

------------------
This should work until my site comes online....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
At least ya' got it running before you got to the part about F***** On Race Day.
Look at it this way... You repaired a large appliance. Nothing more. Nothing less.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (ISO big V-6)

"Some mornings, it just isn't worth
chewing through the restraints."

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave