Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Did anyone see the new Saturn Coupe commercial?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Did anyone see the new Saturn Coupe commercial? by olympic
Started on: 07-31-2000 05:15 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Patrick on 08-01-2000 02:23 PM
olympic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
It starts out showing a parking lot full of lowrider trucks, ricers and hot rods. Then it shows a guy and his wife pull up in a nearby gas station in a Saturn Coupe. He gets out and opens the "third" door and all the guys in the parking lot see him. They start to walk toward the Saturn while the owner is filling it with gas. The wife looks all worried and gets out to warn her husband just as the 4 guys get to the Saturn. The owner looks worried and says "Hi guys.." One of the 4 guys points to the third door and says" hey..... how did you trick out the door?" The commercial ends with the owner of the Saturn showing the 4 guys how the door works. I thought it was funny as h*ll. and you have to see it for yourself.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Olympic, you realize, don't you, that when the Fiero production was stopped that all of the tooling and production machinery was sent to the Saturn plant........can you imagine a Fiero with a third door? too wierd a thought!!
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Well, a third door might make changing that front row of spark plugs alot easier.

------------------
Your best...??? Losers whine about doing their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen! - Sean Connery in "The Rock"

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I saw that one and thought WTF??? its a coupe with a third door whooppeeee...

I think it takes away from the sportiness of the car IMO..... like it was sporty to begin with

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop ripping on the......Oh wait its a Saturn.........Uhh Nevermind...

------------------
My Website's WS6 Fiero & H.M.P.

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I've heard good things about saturns but ummmm I never hear of the pure power that they have..... maybe V8 archie will start swaping V8s into saturns now
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Now you can get the tricked out door on your Ford F150 too....

------------------
Dillon - Titusville, FL
Black '87 SE V6
"Matched Perfect and Staggered Special"

b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
I used to work for Saturn of Gwinnett, even drove an SC2 for awhile. No, they're not that fast, but they are faster than a Duke-powered Fiero (esp. the 5-spds) and they handle WAY better than any Civic or MX5 ever could. Now, granted some of the parts are kinda flimsy, namely the interior door handles (are you reading this, Saturn?) but I really liked the overall build quality and VALUE!! Plus the stock stereos with CD players sound really good. I even drove an SL1 to Orlando Florida and back (800+ miles). Very comfy, and lots of good features.

------------------
'85 GT (in progress)
titled ICE-plates B LO 0

Go to www.audioimagery.i-p.com !!!

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Never really gave them a second look...but I suppose its better to be in a Saturn that to be in Ur-anus...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2000 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I was in a Saturn dealership a few months ago to have a peek at this new 3-door Saturn. I asked the salesguy the purpose of the half-size third door (which is on the driver's side of the car). He explained it was perfect for letting kids in and out of the back seat. I gave him a puzzled look and asked why it was that the Saturn engineers would want the kiddies to have to come onto the road to enter and exit the car. No response from the salesguy!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock