Need a little computer HELP by Robert
Started on: 07-29-2000 11:57 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Robert on 07-30-2000 12:01 PM
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
I would like to start a new subject within the newsgroup function of the mail program. How is this done? I’ve been trying, but only am able to look at other people’s new subjects. I can’t find the place where you start a new one.
Thanks in advance.

Robert

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DottieB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DottieBSend a Private Message to DottieBDirect Link to This Post

Robert,I think you are referring to POST NEW TOPIC at the top of any post. If I am wrong, oh well, I tried.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
If you are using Netscape, just click the "New Msg" button at the top of the screen. I would however change your email-address to a non-existing one. Newsgroups are often used to "mine" for email-addresses, so don't be suprised if you suddenly receive a lot of junk-email once you have posted to a newsgroup using a real email-address.
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2000 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
What I am really looking to do is create a web page about all the weird benefits of WD-40. I though if I could start a news group with WD-40 as the heading, I could generate some good responses. Here is one group I belong to (alt.autos.fiero). How did this heading first get started?
Thanks all
Robert
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2000 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ah - ok. That's a totally different story. Starting a new newsgroup is not easy. You might want to take a look here: http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ncreate.html
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2000 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff, thats it exactly...

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock