Started on: 07-29-2000 12:36 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: olympic on 07-29-2000 05:06 PM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I've been planning a trip to Alaska for a couple years and hope to really do it next summer for a week. I will fly into Anchorage, rent a car, and go cruise the last American frontier. I want to see vast wilderness, huge mountains, and lots of wild critters.

BUT, I don't really want to go alone. Last time I was camping with a couple of my friends, we sat around the campfire and talked about this. One buddy said "Why not hold a contest to find a lady companion to accompany you?" Hmmmmm.

Apparently awhile back, some guy did something similar, but he was looking for a wife. He advertised over the internet and had lots of women respond, then he and his family and friends picked one out of the applicants. Now I sure wouldn't want to pick a wife that way, but I might consider it for a week long traveling partner.

Is this a crazy idea? Is it stupid? I'm not necessarily concerned about having intimate relations, just having a fun time sightseeing and enjoying the great outdoors. Aw, maybe I should completely forget it. My buddy that suggested it was about half drunk and I think he really said it as a joke. Besides, what class of woman would actually do this, probably not the kind you'd want take home to meet momma. Guess I'm just thinking out loud here...or dreaming.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Let's see...You want to meet a good looking woman who likes entering contests with unknown guys who wants to take a trip (all expenses paid) who doesn't want intimacy and wants to end the relationship when she returns. I've got it. Call Darva Conger. (J/K)

I don't see what's wrong with what you are wanting to do. My brother in law convinced a good looking girl to go to Paris with him until he cancelled the trip.

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I guess I don't know who Darva Conger is??? For the record, I didn't say that I'd rule out intimacy or ending the relationship after we returned. That would certainly depend on the circumstances and MUTUAL consent. I'm just saying that part of it is completely up to the lady (and me too) and that there would be no pressure in that regard. Actually, I kind of regret posting this one. Each time I reread it, it sounds more stupid and desperate. Jeez, what if two days into the trip you discover that you can't stand each other or she turns out to be a psycho, my dream vacation then turns into a nightmare.
DottieB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DottieBSend a Private Message to DottieBDirect Link to This Post
Hey Batboy! I had planned on going to Alaska this summer, but due to unexpected circumstances, it had to be canceled. I now am planning to go next summer, but instead of flying, I plan on driving and seeing the sights along the way. One of the reasons I canceled is because of the horrible gas prices. Good luck in your search, and no, I do not think your idea is so wacky. Who knows, you might find a wonderful person who you want to continue seeing after returning.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Wow! My first applicant! ***LOL***

Awesome! I'd love to spend a month and drive up there to, but I won't have that much vacation time. I know several people that have driven the Alaskan Highway and they all had a great time. One guy at work drove up there with his wife and at a predetermined time and place met up with another couple they knew who flew up there. My co-worker and his wife took their friends airline tickets and flew back home while the other couple borrowed their truck and drove back to Kansas. That way they didn't have to take as much time off from work.

olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Darva Conger was the woman from "Who wants to marry a multi-millionaire."

------------------
Your best...??? Losers whine about doing their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen! - Sean Connery in "The Rock"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock