Anybody out here in a band? by Shiner
Started on: 07-26-2000 02:15 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: batboy on 07-29-2000 09:09 AM
Shiner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody else on the forum in a band of some sort? I just jumped into the conceptual stages of a a blues-rock band as a bass player. Come on, there has got to be SOMEBODY else here who plays SOME instrument in a band. I would love to talk to ya over email sometime.

Peace out, my bruthas

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I've been in a few "joke" bands... Played guitar and make nonsense lyrics. It's fun stuff. Nobody is into that anymore unfortunately.
blayde8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blayde8Send a Private Message to blayde8Direct Link to This Post
right here Shiner. I play in a band. I play bass guitar too. I just spent about $1000 dollars last month getting a new amp and speakers. We play anything from punk to heavy metal. It's a lot of fun. What kind of gear do you have/use.
b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
I've been in several bands playing various instruments. Currently I am playing the bass. I have also played the drums, trumpet, guitar, synthesizer, turntables, and (yes) the harp. Music is a great outlet for passion, and I get around to it every day. Keep in touch, fellow musicians!!

------------------
'85 GT (in progress)
titled ICE-plates B LO 0

Go to www.audioimagery.i-p.com !!!

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
I played professionally for a number of years -- still play a couple of "oldies" shows a year -- you can see more if you care to look at my web site -- www.tgowens.com -- I was/am/have been a drummer since I was 7 !!

------------------

www.tgowens.com/fiero

AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
use to play in a band,when i was younger, i still play with friends. les paul is my weapon also play viola, violin.34 yrs old playin guitar since age 11.
Fret Naught

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2000 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fret NaughtSend a Private Message to Fret NaughtDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I would call it a band, but a bunch of us get together a couple of times a month and play for hours. Everything from folk to rock. Personally, I play the acoustic guitar, (my other passion, I also repair acoustic instruments and build custom guitars on the side)
I also play in church every week, but I wouldn't call that a band, just a couple of guitars and some harmony.
P.S. I love the blues/acoustic blues
Phoenix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2000 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhoenixClick Here to visit Phoenix's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhoenixDirect Link to This Post
I played in several bands in the mid 70's - some of the best memories. I still have my Gibson ES-150D and play it every now and then. Hey Fret, what type of guitars have you made, I'm currently working on some cad drawings for a Les Paul jr. and plan on starting construction this fall.
Fret Naught

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2000 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fret NaughtSend a Private Message to Fret NaughtDirect Link to This Post
I build Acoustic guitars, drednaught style, hence my name Fret Naught (bring it to me and I will do the Fretting for you)
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2000 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i own some guitars and basses. to say i play would be a HUGE stretch though. i like them. kinda like useable art. favorite are ovation breadwinner/deacons. much better than collecting stamps.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2000 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Philphine

6136 posts
Member since Feb 2000
if you make it to louisville for the fiero thing there are quite a few music shops. if you get a chance try guitar emporium. not a really big store but the most interesting. lots of vintage stuff and they actually have a bit of an national reputation. also it's in what is to me the most interesting area of the city. the highlands.
PFF
System Bot
Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2000 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
I'll confess...My real identity is Al Dimeola! (I wish) Our jazz oriented friends will know who I'm talking about.

I played guitar and bass pro and semi pro for many years back in Australia. My Dad has been in bands since he was 21 (52 now) and I've been playing since I was 11. I'm 38 now and prefer to be able to pay my bills and EAT! Hence, I work a day gig!

Played Blues, rock, oldies, country and bluegrass. A veritable musical whore! (And pround of it!!) Have had attacks of needing to find some guys who have "been there, done that" and have learnt to control their egos, to jamn for a couple o' bucks in quieter clubs but I never seem to find the time anymore.

Strat, Tele and cheap copies with promise and good hardware are my weapons of choice.

Ozzy

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Hey, you guys are allright! Right now I am playing a Fender P-bass through an admittedly crappy Fender M-80 amp. The thing is loud enough, but it just doesn't have enough punch or low-end, even though it has a 15" driver. I was thinking of getting a Hartke cabinet or two. Do any fellow bass players have anything to say about that?

Hey, maybe we can put together a band from this forum sometime? We could call it "The Fierotones"!! Wow, do I ever have a knack for hokey ideas..

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2000 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I don't play, but I love music and know a couple people that do have bands. I personally know Ray Gilman, who leads a band called Gilman's Railroad. He is an awesome guitarist, vocalist, and song writer. His son Brian plays bass. They have several CDs out and they are worth checking out if you like Rock 'n' Roll. I think they are going to make it big someday. I've seen them perform live and they can JAM. Check out this website, download a few MP3's and maybe even buy a CD from him (I have two of them and will order another one very soon). He's trying to manage and produce the band on his own. I've been to his house and Ray basically has his own recording studio setup down in his basement. Check him out.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/94/gilmans_crossing.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock