Started on: 07-22-2000 02:25 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Formula on 07-22-2000 05:36 PM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I was driving down a two lane highway for work, out in God's country, way out in the middle of nowhere in western Kansas...I see this car for sale. I stop to see if it's a Fiero kit car...and if so, maybe it'll sell cheap. I looked it over real quick (nobody was home), I'll be damned if I don't think this baby is a real Dino 308. I personally know nothing about European sports cars. So...what's the Forum experts think, if it is real or not, and if so, what price would be a total bargain for a car like this that probably needs mechanical assistance? Body looks pretty good, the other side too. Interior looks decent and appears to be leather. Wow, you never know what you'll come across when on life's little journeys.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 07-22-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
snowkttn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowkttnSend a Private Message to snowkttnDirect Link to This Post
Cool Batboy.......I know nothing of europeon sports cars either........but it looks really sharp!
sloGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloGTSend a Private Message to sloGTDirect Link to This Post
You should have kicked it to see if it was fiberglass or metal.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I like that ride! Looks like what you get if you cross a Fiero with a early 90's Vette How much is it going for?

------------------
Marc 87GT

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
If it is real be advised that "ANY" repair will be mucho bucks.
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Batboy... it appears to be a Ferrari 308 either a GT4, or a Dino... like you said. they were built in the mid '80's.

prices for the dino are anywhere from $17,000 to $30,000 for a average car... GT4's around $30,000.

the car that you saw... looks like it could be had for a bargain. the one thing that i can see for certain... it doesnt have the factory rims.

hope this helps

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Those could be authentic Ferrari rims, but just not authentic for that model. The Daytonas had rims like that.

And, yes. I would be willing to part with it cheap.

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
thank's, MM... i was thinking about those rims (after my post). i have seen them on many 60's model Ferrari's

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I checked out that Ferrari link that Robert provided. My pic looks the closest like a pic of a 1973 Dino 308 at that site. I believe it had an emblem that said Dino 308 GTB on the rear decklid too. The car don't look bad, but it's been parked for a few months. Hard telling what's wrong with it or how much it'll take for them to part with it. Phil is correct about these cars being mega-bucks to repair...scary. I might eventually get around to calling about it someday. Don't look like it's going anywhere soon.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
ferrari and jaguar switchin 4 lanes, top down screamin out money aint a thang...... gives you a hint on ferrari costs lol...

song is by Jay-Z

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock