Started on: 07-21-2000 01:29 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Monkeyman on 07-22-2000 11:38 AM
frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a week! You will NEVER guess what car I just got done driving. Don't even bother. You'll never get it. Those of you that guessed anyway, wrong, wrong, all wrong (a local radio quiz person used to say that.)

A 1952 MG TD!!!!! Mint condition. Frame off restoration. Unbelievable shape. My friend inherited it from his deceased father-in-law who commissioned the restoration. He brought it over to give me a ride, and then let me drive it. Funny thing about driving it, though. I kept wanting to say, "Pip, pip, cheerio, and all that jolly rot. What say, Reginald?" And his name isn't even Reginald, it's Clay. Here's another thing that was funny. Nobody had any Grey Poupon! I know, I asked. OK, I really didn't.

Seriously, you would not believe the number of people of all ages shouting "nice car". A real attention magnet.

Not much of a daily driver around here, though, since I live in Siberia, USA (also known as Wisconsin).

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Problem: You live in Siberia (aka WI) and can't drive your English car (I drool just saying "English car").

Solution: Send it to me in Indiana. We get less snow and cold than you do, therefore the MG will be put to better use.

Problem solved. When should I be expecting delivery?

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperClick Here to Email bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
down yhere in north caralina (supposed to be a drawl, not very good)... you could expect to drive that there car about 9 months a year.

so bring it on down... ill clean out my garage

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageClick Here to Email RobertSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
“It NEVER rains in California”….. I could drive it year around. I would even wash and wax it every few months.

Robert

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, it never rains in California (that must suck..lol, j/k).....less snow in Indiana..."less"....
Makes me feel good to live in Memphis (well, kinda)...we have:
A: Summer..it gets hot...alittle too hot at times
B: Fall..beautiful, tress change colors, temp drops from summer, perfect
C: Winter..My personal fav! It gets cold, believe it or not, sometimes VERY cold, but usually only one or maybe two snowfalls, and usually only a couple of inches....ahh, just right! (But then again, I LOVE cold weather!)
D: Spring, Everythings green, temp is low to mid 70's, rain around once a week, just perfect.
So, you may ask, what am I getting at? Well, since the weathers so nice here, and we get actual "seasons"...GIVE IT TO ME!!!!
LOL...sorry, just had to do it..Very nice cars!
Oh yeah, by the way, how did the "singing" thing go?

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 07-21-2000).]

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, THANKS A LOT for making me feel even worse about the weather I get around here. High in the 60's today. Come on, it's "summer".

You guys are killing me! It's not my car, it's my friend's. I just got to drive it. Now I have to steal it and then decide who gets it!

Regarding the singing, the performance at the wedding rehearsal went well tonight. A few people even clapped!! True!!! Wedding tomorrow at 2pm cst so I'll probably be singing about 2:30. Here goes....

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
You think you have it bad? We're almost halfway summer and temperatures haven't been over 62 yet here, and we get rain every day.

Granted, this is a bit out of the ordinary but it's still considered a "typical dutch summer"...

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--I replied 1st, therefore I get the car. Please take care of the title problem (since you're going to steal it) before shipping it to me. I'd hate to have a receiving stolen property conviction on my currently spotless criminal record.

Cliff--Indiana's nice this time of year. Have you ever considered moving? I believe my status would increase a few notches if others thought that you lived near me.

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock