cable internet by kong
Started on: 07-20-2000 01:49 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: kong on 07-24-2000 02:56 AM
kong

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2000 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kongSend a Private Message to kongDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my cable internet. fastest damn thing since a v-8 fiero. I'm still playing with this new toy

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2000 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
I’ve had a cable modem for about 2 years now. I was a Bata test site for the local cable company, (it sometimes pays to listen to those calls during dinner). Being a test site gave me free cable and Internet access for two months, BUT they still haven’t charged me. I checked up on my account and I am listed as a vendor with complimentary service. I have seen the system slow down as more and more neighbors get online, but it’s still almost like working straight from the hard drive.

By the way.... we put in DSL service at the shop and it is even faster......

------------------

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 07-23-2000).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2000 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm still waiting.
The equipment that my cable company uses is the functional equivalent of two tin cans and a string. This, in suburban Atlanta.
And, I live too far from the cental office to get DSL (at least until they find a way to make it run on fiber.)
So, for now, I'm just screwed. Was hoping that Dish Network would come up with some sort of broadband. Even if it only supports downloads. Not happenin'.

------------------

Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (ISO 3800)

"Some mornings, it just isn't worth
chewing through the restraints."

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2000 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
There is a DSS download but you have to pay for the service, i seen it someplace.

Your still using your phoneline to request for the info, while the satellite downloads the info at fast speeds.

Is cablemodem for you 40 bucks a month. A friend has cablemodem and its costing him that much.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2000 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Try Bestbuy's site. Assuming they have it working now, they have the DSS internet service/equipment. Something like $20/month?

$40/month for a cable pipe seems reasonable (high but in line with what other places charge). We're supposed to get a cable pipe towards the end of the year. I'll be the 1st to sign up. This dial up modem sucks. (Of course, part of the problem could be my 1 year old, but outdated computer. Too much $$ to buy another one, though.)

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2000 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Kong!! Had cable for about a month now and have never been happier .
kong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2000 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kongSend a Private Message to kongDirect Link to This Post
yep, $40 a month, but by losing the service I was using at $12 a month, and losing the dedicated phone line at $15 a month. And finally, with ameritech charging a perentage per minute, even for local calls. I'll be saving about $15 or $20 a month, and have faster service too! It works for me...hehehe

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock