What was the name of that TV show? by My7Fieros
Started on: 07-08-2000 04:25 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Sleestak on 07-13-2000 12:35 AM
My7Fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
This one dates me....when I was about 4 or 5 (1976-77)...there was this kids show that came on Saturday mornings. It was about a group of people that drove this seriously junky buggy thing. Well, the buggy had one of those old fashion horns on the side..you know, brass rap around w/ the black thing you squeeze to make it honk. Anyway, undoubtably, the group would always get into some sort of dilema. But never fear! All they had to do was sqeeze the horn on that buggy, and VOILA! it would turn into this beautiful metallic green buggy and would come and save them! Of course every once in a while, someone would steel the horn, hence they were SOL until getting the horn back, placing it on the buggy, and, well you know.
By the way, this was a real show, NOT a cartoon. WHAT WAS IT?!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2000 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Gawd. I can almost remember 77. I was watching Shazaam cruise around with his (ahem) "mentor" in the Winnebego. And Isis. She was hot! Man, that was back when Screech was still a sperm! Take that, you Saved By The Bell punks!

------------------

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2000 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
http://www.classic-tv.com/

you can try that website and do a search
reply back if they do have it

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2000 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
No luck w/ that site speeder...thanx anyway...
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2000 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Speed Buggy?
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Cooter... you have to be right on with that. I think it was Speed Buggy.

Man, wasn't TV great when all the producers and creators would use mind altering drugs to creat childrens shows?!

Remember the show with Ruth Buzzy and Jim Neighbors as the Robots from outer space? Or how about the one with "Gilligan" as a astronaut, and his pet with the horn for a nose?

Of course, H&R Puff-n-Stuff was the king of the "pot influenced" shows. They still show that on sunday mornings, sometimes.

And then there was Marshall, Will and Holly... oh Holly, oh Holly.... http://www.landofthelost.com/
oh Holly... oh, I need to go now, my shrink is calling me.......

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

Sleestak
No longer registered
Report this Post07-11-2000 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleestakSend a Private Message to SleestakDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the site plug, I saw this site pop up in my site stats already, and I saw you had some questions about Krofft shows so I hope its OK if I jump in here and answer you.

The show about the car with the magic horn was call "Wonderbug", it was a live action show by Sid and Marty Krofft that ran from September 11, 1976 - September2, 1978. You have the Schlepcar, honk the horn, you get Wonderbug.

The show with Jim Neighbors and Ruth Buzzi is called "Lost Saucer" and the one with Gilligan and his strange pet is "Far Out Space Nuts."

And frightenly enough, all these shows, plus Land of the Lost are currently available on video and some on DVD from Rhino Home video. You can search Amazon or if you visit my site I have links and descriptions of all the videos and DVDS.

If you have any more Krofft questions, I'm ready!

George
Webmaster - Landofthelost.com

[This message has been edited by Sleestak (edited 07-11-2000).]

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2000 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
SLEESTAK, YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!!!!! Do you know Ive been trying to find out the name of that show for the past 20 years..NOBODY has ever heard of it!! Thank you!!!! Now, do you know of a website where I can find anything about that show Wonderbug?

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 07-12-2000).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2000 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Hoop...
You mentioned kids' TV programs produced while under the influence of mind-altering substances...
Ever see Pee-Wee's Playhouse?
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2000 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Radar... no I have never seen Pee Wee's Playhouse... I did watch his TV show, when I was in college.

Sleestak... that's too wierd. How did you find this place? I had just visited your website, right b4 my post. Do you have some sort of strange big brother tracking software, that follow's to where your link has been posted?

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

[This message has been edited by bHooper (edited 07-12-2000).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
amonst about a hundred other things your computer tells every website in the world is the url of the last page you where on. so if you went to his page from here your browser dutifully reported that fact.
PFF
System Bot
Sleestak
No longer registered
Report this Post07-13-2000 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SleestakSend a Private Message to SleestakDirect Link to This Post
I only know of a few sites where Wonderbug is mentioned, nothing major, but probably worth checking out to rekindle those old memories.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6009/wbug.htm

O.K., so make that one site!

Actually, I found this site in my stats the other day as a referring page to landofthelost.com. That link you threw in your post was enough that when someone used it to get to my site, this message board showed up in my stats.

And to think they have a whole boxed set of Sigmund and the Sea Monster out there but no Land of the Lost, it's a crying shame I tell you!

George
Webmaster - Landofthelost.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock