Started on: 07-07-2000 04:18 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Uaana on 07-28-2000 01:38 AM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who saw the other threads...... I'm still in Chemo. Today was last day of a full treatment week. back to one day treatment for next couple weeks.

So far other than losing the hair, I'm not doing to bad. Not getting allot of the fatigue many in chemo get, or not getting it baddly.

surgury scars are shrinking. I can get around better now. I still have to watch out for the blood clotting problem in my leg, but they tell me I'll always have to be carefull of that now. Apparently once you get one it damages the vien and you are prone to more of them latter. The alien (vien filter in chest) is supposed to catch any big stuff that breaks loose. (That was kind of fun to watch go in.... They do it in real time with a flouriscope. you can watch it moveing and then it pops out of the end of the tube. pretty bizar visual effect.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there man...
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering how you were doing. Sounds like pretty good under the circumstances. Our thoughts are with you.

Hang in there!

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Hang in there, Ogre! We're all thinking about ya ...
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
You're still in my thoughts and prayers. You'll make it. This too shall pass.

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you are doing well Ogre. I have not been online much recently and have been wondering about you.

I'm with MM...This too shall pass!

Best wishes

Ozzy

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ogre,
Glad to hear it's not wearing on ya' too badly. Take care, man. You're in my prayers.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Keep on keepin on! Glad to hear you are rounding one of the last curves. Have a freind that went through this several years ago. He is doing fine now, and says he feels stronger than ever.

The hair grows back!

Keep the faith, we are all thinking bout ya.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear from ya, Ogre! I was starting to get worried!

------------------

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Don't even worry about the hair. No (or very little) hair=cooler in the summer and low maintenance. Besides, the current trend is towards shorter hair. (Trust me. If my hair was any shorter, I'd be bald.)

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2000 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I've been out of town just short of two weeks and I had no internet access. (Heck, I had no electricity or phone for that matter.) Glad to hear that you're progressing Ogre. We miss your contributions here at the forum. Eventually all this current nonsense will be but a faint memory, and you'll be back skinning your knuckles along with the rest of us.
PFF
System Bot
Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2000 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Good to see ya coming along Ogre!! Glad to hear that the chemo isn't boggin' you down too badly (must not affect you cave dwellers as much, eh?) Anyway, Keep the faith, Amigo....we're still pullin' for ya! GTGirl says "Hey"!

Cruisin' On,
Coconut

------------------

[This message has been edited by Coconut (edited 07-10-2000).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Good News!

one of the markers used to detect my cancer has gone from over 12000 to 700. How many percent drop is that?

and I made it thru the last week (5+ hours every day for 5 days week.) without days of barfing. (this is a one shot week. those don't bother me.)

the hair is gone. after about 5 days of the long mess falling out I gave up and buzzed it. I was shedding faster than the dog. it was really bad. I'll likely keep it this short untill it all shows life again then let it grow out. probly be at least another couple months before that happens.

Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Right on Ogre!

Who the hell needs hair anyway??

Keep us updated with any progress.

Ozzy

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ogre,
The little ol' calculator seems to indicate a 94% drop. Sounds really good!
We're thinkin' about ya' man.
And, as one of our local talk-radio hosts (Neal Boortz) says, "Remember! The less hair ya' got, the more head ya' got!"
Can I say that in a public forum?
Oops. too late.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear that news!

As for the hair, one of my bald friends has the best response..."Which would ya rather have...hair or brains!?" LOL

Hang in there, glad to know you are coming along, we're all still pulling for ya!

Keep the faith.

Have a good one!

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Ooops, I had corrected Raydar's math and then realized that I had screwed up. Geez I hate being reminded that I'm only human.

However, whatever figure the percentage drop is, it's good news.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-13-2000).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2000 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear it ogre. You know what they say about hair and brains...Grass doesn't grow on a busy street. (Something like that. You know what I mean.) You're still in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe next time they check your "count" it'll be down to zero (assuming that would be good).

Keep us updated.

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

Fret Naught

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2000 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fret NaughtSend a Private Message to Fret NaughtDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear from ya, hang in there and hey hair is highly over rated, havent had much for years!!!!
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2000 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
more news.
the marker we've been watching is now down to 17. This may be my last cycle of chemo. We'll find out about in 2 weeks. Now If we've finnaly gotten the blood clots in my legs to settle out I'm all set. YEAH!

------------------
Lake Superior? Is that what I stepped in? Sorry.

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2000 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Orge, "Gokart'sGirl" was just asking me tonight if I heard any news about your progress. What a time to find this post and hear that you're well on the road to recovery Keep it up! God bless!

------------------
Marc 87GT

PFF
System Bot
Gokart'sGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2000 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart'sGirlClick Here to visit Gokart'sGirl's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart'sGirlDirect Link to This Post
Hello Ogre,

I am Gokart'sGirl. I just wanted to tell you (myself)how happy I am to hear of your great progress with your chemo treatments

I have been following this through Gokart who always let me know the latest on your condition. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I look forward to each of your posts and hope to see you a bit more once you get back on track.

BTW ... Bald men are sexy! Just look at Sean Connery

Best wishes for a speedy return to your healthy self!

------------------
Gokart'sGirl

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2000 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
You guys all worry too much. I said at the very beginning that us cave dwellers are too tough, wicked, and mean to stay sick. Keep up the positive progress and attitude, Ogre.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2000 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Umm just a note..
But when Ogre get out of his forced hibernation... Wont he be in a mood to kinda kill or eat someone/thing?
Maybe we should start hiding the women and children now? could get kinda ugly..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock