avid golfer by olympic
Started on: 07-06-2000 05:29 AM
Replies: 0
Last post by: olympic on 07-06-2000 05:29 AM
olympic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2000 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
A young man, who was an avid golfer, found himself with a few hours to spare one afternoon. He figured if he hurried and played very fast, he could get in 9 holes before he had to head home.

Just as he was about to tee off, an old gentleman shuffled onto the tee and asked if he could accompany the young man. Not being able to say no, he allowed the old gent to join him. To his surprise, the old man played fairly quickly. He didn't hit the ball far, but plodded along consistently and didn't
waste much time.

Finally, they reached the 9th fairway and the young man found himself with a tough shot. There was a large pine tree directly
between his ball and the green.

After the young man spent several minutes debating how to hit the shot, the old man said, "You know, when I was your age I'd hit the ball right over that tree." With that challenge placed before him, the youngster swung hard and hit the ball, which smacked solidly into the tree and dropped to the ground about one foot from where it had originally lay.

The old man remarked, "Of course, when I was your age that pine tree was only 3 feet tall."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock