Started on: 07-02-2000 05:00 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: tgowens on 07-18-2000 03:10 AM
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I promise that I won't use it for every post, but look what I can do
in my signature box!

------------------
used to be a pic of my car, too big, bad netiquette. but keep scrolling to see some neat stuff!
stimpy's 86GT

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 07-03-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Or this!

------------------
Tired of waiting for pics to load. Big pics in signature=bad idea.

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 07-03-2000).]

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2000 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Well I am jealous.

------------------
-Chris
88 Fiero Coupe

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Damn allergies!

------------------

86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2000 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I put a signature in my signature box but I can't see it!! Can you? It should say something about '86 Special Edition......
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
You do have to click on the box that says "Show signature" for it to show up.

------------------

FieroGTGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTGirlSend a Private Message to FieroGTGirlDirect Link to This Post
Just checking my signature...

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2000 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Too cool...
A little creativity goes a long way!

------------------

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Testing....Testing......3....2....1.....LIFTOFF!

Cruisin' On,
Coconut

------------------

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post

Coconut

436 posts
Member since May 2000
Houston,we have a problem........ABORT,ABORT

Damn! It blew up!

Stuck on the side of the road,with thumb up my a**

------------------

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post

Coconut

436 posts
Member since May 2000
OK,
3....2.....1......LIFTOFF! (fingers crossed)

Cruisin' On, (maybe?)
Coconut

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post

Coconut

436 posts
Member since May 2000
ALRIGHT!!!!

DEFINATELY CRUISIN' ON,
Coconut

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Now look what you've caused, Stimpy!

------------------
- Cliff, 86.5 GT

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff,
Are these image signatures going to be a problem for you? If so, I will refrain from using it and go back to plain text. I hope this is not too big a hassle for ya! I think the image Logos add a more "personalized touch" but if it is a problem, I'll let GTGirl know that we shouldn't use them.

Coconut

------------------

Terrybogin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TerryboginSend a Private Message to TerryboginDirect Link to This Post
This looks fun, but I will keep mine simple

------------------
Terry Y.-88GT, 86 GT
A.K.A. Archie's best friend

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2000 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I sure hope it's not a bad thing. I cn definately see how posting a bigass pic with every post would be as obnoxious as describing every mod on my car right down to the Pep Boys valve stem caps. I think a litle gif is worth giving. It is better to gif then to receive, right?

------------------

FieroGTGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTGirlSend a Private Message to FieroGTGirlDirect Link to This Post
RIGHT ON, STIMPY!

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
The graphics in a signature isn't a problem for me our my server. I'm not sure if it will enhance the readability of a thread though. In the O/T section I think it's fine but it might get a little annoying in a serious technical discussion...

------------------

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
Am I in?
Second Try
Third Try
------------------

So?..... How do I make a transparent background?
Thanks Terry!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 07-06-2000).]

phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post07-04-2000 07:33 PM   Send a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
the vette forum's filthy with 'em. a long thread takes even longer to come up. mine is simple (and all i'm capable of any way), but if i respond to a post twice or more i usualy stop using it after the first time. might help a little.
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
here ya go Robert -- smile and I'll tell ya how!!! (did it with Photoshop)........
PFF
System Bot
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I wanna try it too.

------------------
85 V8 Batmobile 85 GT & 87 SE

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Too boring, let's try again.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Oops, hehehe, let's try again...

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 07-04-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2000 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Third time's a charm.

------------------
BATBOY
85 SE with 350 Chevy V8 (Batmobile)
85 GT (daily driver), & 87 SE (dead)

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Now let's see if mine works....

------------------
It doesn't. How do you fix this so it doesn't just show the link????

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 07-08-2000).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2000 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Patrick's Dad

5154 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Like this?

------------------
This should work until my site comes online.... http://homestead.deja.com/user.rshuman/files/Tmh.jpg

No.....

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 07-08-2000).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:
Like this?

No, like this.

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2000 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
ok Stimpy, now ya gotta explain to Patrick's dad how ya did it -- I've been staying out of it lately - busy rediong one of my web sites............got a picture of a good lookin' red GT with a 3800 on there (gee, I wonder whose that is??

------------------

'87 Fiero GT - www.tgowens.com/fiero

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2000 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy,
I recognize those cartoon faces from way back in my childhood.......Saturday mornings......I vaguely remember some of the names of the characters.....Tornado Man?.....Diaper Man?........Do you remember the name of the show? I haven't seen those faces for eons Another one of my favorites that I do remember was "The Wacky Racers" ......I just loved the two caveman looking guys with the clubs. Lots of laughs as a Kid. Thanx for sparking that memory bank, haven't been there in years.

Cruisin' On,
Coconut

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2000 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Terry Owens thinks I'm ready to start tutorials on posting the signature pics, even though I only have webtv and am far from being a computer genius. But I'll give it a try.

Basically what you need to do is link the image from another website. Preferably, good etiquette dictates that it should be your own website. While on the image, copy the address from your browser. If you have WebTV, then select the "go to" key, select "show current", then 'cmd a' will highlight the address, 'cmd c' will copy it ( you here a click to make sure it worked).

Once you have the address ready to paste, go to the message that you are posting or your profile signature and type one of these- [IMG] then paste your address. With WebTV hit 'cmd v'. Finish up with one of these [/IMG] and you're good as gold!

Remember to use these powers for good, and not evil!

Oh and Coconut, I can't take credit for the cartoon, Patrick's Dad found that and posted it, I just helped him out putting it up.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2000 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Added the correct tags, courtesy of Stimpy, so here goes....

------------------
This should work until my site comes online....

Yeah!

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 07-09-2000).]

Bugsy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BugsySend a Private Message to BugsyDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused with this signature box, can someone direct me to some documentation?
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Bugsy, when you post a message, on the left of the screen you will see a link titled '*UBB Code is ON' - click that and it will instruct you on how to use the UBB code required to make a signature. Then go to the link on the top right of the forum page titled 'Pennock's Fiero Forum profile | register | preferences | faq | search ' - click on 'profile' and in your profile you will see a "signature" text box......that is where you will enter your "signature" -- if you desire to use an image in your signature, it has to be uploaded to YOUR server and noted in the signature box.........try it and if you have any problems, email me at terry@tgowens.com and I will help you straighten it out.......

------------------

FieroGTGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTGirlSend a Private Message to FieroGTGirlDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to make a signature box that I really like! Everyone's getting so creative...It's inspiring!

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTGirl (edited 07-11-2000).]

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
well Kristina - I think you're doin' DARN good!!!

------------------

lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2000 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Hope you dont mind batboy..i kinda stole your first idea...

------------------

87 Coupe... Got rice???

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2000 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
If you want to really make pages take years to load, then link sig images from all over the place. I strongly recomend not just keeping them small but PIP them to cliffs hardware if you will use them with any frequency. So far it's not a problem here but I have seen this really screw up things at other systems. It can hang the whole page when one sig fails to load from a slow server.

------------------
Lake Superior? Is that what I stepped in? Sorry.

Fret Naught

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2000 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fret NaughtSend a Private Message to Fret NaughtDirect Link to This Post
hey I want to have a signature, how do you dodat???? how do you incorporate a pic or gif in your signature??? I wannadodat
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2000 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Scroll back 10 posts and read on grasshopper!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock