Anyone been to Tokyo by TOM
Started on: 06-30-2000 10:22 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Oreif on 06-30-2000 11:10 PM
TOM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMClick Here to Email TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
I may be going next month on a shoot and would like some info.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
What/who are you going to shoot?

I was there in the late 60's, and only at the airport this past January changing planes. Big town, expensive, good train system, lots of people, English spoken. They drive on the wrong side of the road.

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
ooops

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 06-30-2000).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
As close as I got was Misawa in 1986 when my naval ship did the 6 month tour.

------------------
Marc 87GT

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageClick Here to Email OreifSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I was there in the early 80's. What kind of info are you looking for? I was in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Iwakuni, Sasabo, and the island of Okinawa. It's a cool place to visit. Great food! Don't reach for the Taxi Cab doors! They open by hydralics! You gotta have a BLT there too. I know it sounds silly but they have a special loaf of bread made just for BLT's It's about twice the size of a regular slice of bread and it is piled high with B, L and T. Yasoba is basically chicken noodle soup with huge noodles. Yakatori is skewered teriaki chicken. Gyoza is beef in a steamed won ton with ginger, cabbage, and onions. Here is another great tip. On the street you will see vending machines for drinks. Look for the orange juice drink that has a 50% then a few characters and then a 10%. It's 50% orange pulp and 10% alcohol. Yes you can buy beer from the machine too! right on the street! Saporo is simular to a bad budwiser but the best japanese beer. I was stationed in Iwakuni for 6 months.

By the way I was there via the U.S.Navy and I saw Brice Springsteen in concert doing his "Born in the USA" tour. I use to have a shirt from it written in Japanese.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-30-2000).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock