Anyone go muddin'? by GT Bastard
Started on: 06-29-2000 12:55 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: SibERThuG on 07-03-2000 01:54 AM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
A local fiero nut here introduced me to another kind of fun recently... off-roading! Not the Fiero though, of course. So to make a long story short, I bought myself a 1980 4WD Subaru DL for 100 bucks, and it only has 70,000 miles but it's rusty as hell. The car had been sitting for over a year, but it started right up with no problems. Then a friend of mine traded his ugly rims for my nicer aluminum rims for 50 bucks, so the car is mine for 50! You wouldn't believe the stuff I've taken this little car through in one day... I've never said "oh sh*t!" so many times in a day before. And you wouldn't believe the hellacious burnout this thing will do when you dump the clutch. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
http://hometown.aol.com/littlered351/stuckinarutindex.html

did some one say muddin! go out with Red Neck John all the time in his 80 Ford, or the UniMOG...

Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
GT- sounds like fun. I used to do that a lot. Post pics if you can.

We used to out hockey pucks in the springs of cars like yours to get more ground clearance.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
All my friends (both of them) used to have cut down VW bugs with mud tires. We would go "buggin'" at least once a month during the summer. Chad got the nick-name "Drain-Plug" when he sank his bug and after pulling it out, the interior was full of water- so being a creative red neck, he pulled the 44 Magnum and installed a new drain hole in each floor pan. No more trapped water!
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I got pics, but I need to get them developed... A friend and I took our Subu's through some crazy sh*t tonight! I got the front end momentarily submerged twice. Just need to let her dry off for a few minutes and it fired right back up. 1FST, when you come out here we should run my Subaru through the mud a few times! hehe....
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
I have a 76 F250 with a 390. I go muddin. Not too often anymore but I do love to go out and get dirty. I just saw a MOG the other day. I think I need one.
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2000 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post

TOM

1206 posts
Member since May 99
the MOG pics dont load
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
hehehe... I love taking my 88 Mazda 323 GTX out on dirt roads and gettin sideways. 147hp and 153lbs torque is a whole lotta fun with full time all wheel drive! I wish it had more clearance though. I have no idea how you get your subie to do burnouts. I dump my clutch at 3700 and it just GOES! Can't break loose a tire no matter how hard I try
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2000 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I think the key to the burnouts is really low gearing.... At 60mph, the car is screamin'

------------------
Gold 86 SE
V6 4-sp w/4.10 gears
Eibach springs, Koni's all around w/some poly bushings
Yoko's
Coated headers
ACT 4-puck clutch
MSD ignition
Flowmaster w/ mandrel bent 2.5 pipe
extrude honed intake
Lots of fuel system mods... etc etc... Just ask 1FST2M6!

Terrybogin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2000 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TerryboginSend a Private Message to TerryboginDirect Link to This Post
GTBastard- Edit that damn signature please!!!!

Thank you

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2000 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Holy guacamole Batman! that's one hell of a sig. Cut to the chase and post a pic!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
SibERThuG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2000 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SibERThuGClick Here to visit SibERThuG's HomePageSend a Private Message to SibERThuGDirect Link to This Post
I have an 84' Jeep CJ7 with a 7 1/2 inch lift, 42in tires in the rear, 40in tires in front. Got a 383 Stroker with a TH350 with 4 11's that I took out of a 78' Camaro Z28. I had the rollbar redone, reinforced, and welded str8 to the frame. I put a wench on it. Now I intentionally roll the damn thing. I've rolled it 4 times, beat the body, and still have fun for about 4-5 miles to the gallon!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock