Started on: 06-23-2000 10:21 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: batboy on 07-01-2000 07:18 AM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I located one of these limited edition, 1999 Grand Prix GTP supercharged 3800 V6 pace cars (only 1500 made). AWESOME car! It's on the Pontiac dealership lot, so it ain't cheap. I actually considered buying it and using my ol' ragged out Suburban as a trade in. But, on the same lot for about half the price, I can get a regular 98 GTP. Also I found a 96 Bonneville SE (no blower), fully loaded, for 1/4 the price from a private owner who needs to sell it quick. I looked at all my projects and decided NO way did I need a Daytona Edition GP that cost almost as much as my house just to use it for a commuter car. A no brainer there. The red Bonnie is an one owner low mileage pampered car with leather seats and supposedly gets 30 mpg on the highway, wow. It's still a Pontiac, even if it's not a Fiero. I'm racking way too many miles on these Fieros, nearly 100 miles a day. Those Bonnies sure do ride smooth, a guy could get spoiled.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Let's see...B'ville has too many doors and I'm just not fond of the newer generation GPs. I loved the last generation with the little itty bitty headlights. Body molding (I hate to call it ground effects), wing. I'll take 2, please. Pontiac touted the "new" GP as being wider (Wider is Better), but they are actually narrower than their corporate cousins. I guess Pontiac meant that they are wider than the GP they replaced. Sure they are. By something like 2.4". Excuse me but, what's the point?

Nothing against your choice in vehicles, bb. Just running my gums.

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
To each their own, every car has it's pros and cons. If I didn't want to hear any opinions about my choice of cars, I wouldn't of mentioned it. I just love those 3800 V6 engines, a fine running motor. Monkey, I know what you mean about the Bonnie having too many doors. Trouble is, with the Suburban nearly out of commission, I sometimes need room for 4 mature adults (Grandma can get in and out of a four door easier). They always complained the Suburban was too high, even with the running boards. The Grand Prix GTP coupe is a beautiful two door with sporty front and rear facia trim and has the supercharged 3800 (240 HP). But man, are those puppies expensive. I actually have two 96 Bonnies located, both are selling way under book, both are desperate to sell, and both are pampered one owner cars. It's a buyers market, I'm going to see how well I can wheel and deal. Monkey, I'm not giving up my Fieros, I just want/need a nice comfy highway car. I put 2,000 miles per month on my vehicles just driving to and from work. Seems like I'm driving up to my folk's place a lot lately too, that's nearly a 5 hour drive. Damnit, I deserve a luxury sports car, it might attract the babes my age too, I notice a lot of women own Bonnies.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Wow, think of the awesome sound system you could stuff into one of those Bonneville. You could half fill the trunk with amps and subs, then still have lots of luggage room.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 06-24-2000).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
You can also look for 97-98 Grand Prix GT. Some have 4-doors also. Same looks as GTP but no supercharger. Both the Bonne and the GP are great cars for dropping in a stereo system. Lots of room and great locations to hide stuff.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I found a 98 Grand Prix GT sedan (which is the four door w/o s/c) on a car lot. Still too expensive, I can't bring myself to pay over retail when you can buy from a private owner for close to wholesale price.

I looked at the red 96 Bonnie a second time and noticed very faint telltale signs of repainting. Upon questioning him, the owner admitted the car had been rolled in the past and repaired by a reputable body shop. Forget that one!

The white Bonnie is a plain jane, but appears to be a bargain. It's fully loaded with power everything (more things to go wrong according to my Dad). He just got a brand new company car and bought the wife a new mini-van, so he's really willing to deal. I'm playing the waiting game.

Told him I wasn't sure I had enough cash (which is true, but that's what Credit Unions are for) and I was looking at some other cars too (which was also true). The price started coming down immediately. That means he hasn't got any other nibbles right now. I think I'll wait a few days and see if he calls me back.

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
www.napaonline.com you can register to win one...
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Monkey's right, the Bonnie has too many doors and is a tad too big for my taste. I just didn't get turned on by the plain white 96 Bonnie, but I've now found a white 97 Grand Prix GT coupe (2 door) that I really love. Very sporty, loaded, 60k miles, very nice. Of course it's more expensive, but we'll see how much bargaining I can do over the next several days. It's hot out and I don't have a single car with working A/C right out of 10 vehicles. If I buy another car, I'll have to get rid of two junkers that I already have, that's the deal. Probably my Suburban and the 70 Chevy parts truck. Trouble is, with car payments, I'll have less money for my projects.

Don't know how folks with kids ever afford anything. How come men's toys cost so much?

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of A/C, I just got mine fixed (I think). I took a 160 mile trip to Ohio with no A/C recently. 2/70 A/C just doesn't cut it. Took the Grape Ape into the shop so I could see where the leak was, they filled it with Freon and some kind of dye and told me to come back either in a week or whenever my A/C started blowing warm. It's been most of a week now and it's still as cold as ice. What a difference. Less $$ for A/C work=more $$ for fun stuff!
kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
Buy a fiero (or another) and put the money in to it!!
anyone second the notion? :-)
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Trouble is, I have a line on another Fiero parts car or two, like I need another one.
PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2000 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Hehe, the day you run out of yard space is the day you dont need another Fiero!

New car shopping is not an easy task. When I finally felt like it was time to replace my trusty Buick, I originally looked at the GP, but decided that I didnt have that kind of flow. I would have considered a Bonnie, but didnt spot one that I liked. I ended up with a Grand Cherokee. Very Nice!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2000 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Grand Cherokee...Nice SUVs, but still too many doors!
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2000 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Aw screw it, I ain't going into that much debt for a car right now. I gotta get my 72 truck going and lots to do on the Batmobile. I better get some cash saved back up. Does this driveway pic look like I need another car???

I think this is the first pic I've posted with all three fieros in the same photo. That's a 50 Chevy pickup, my 4X4 40 Chevy Coupe, and a 72 Chevy 3/4 ton Camper Special in the rear. A 68 Camaro is hidden in there as well. That's not all, three are not in the pic.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 06-27-2000).]

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2000 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Monkey,
I like to think I have the best of both worlds. A Fiero and a G/C. 5 doors arent that bad, and I can carry lots of Fiero parts..., not to mention tow one.

Batboy,
All Im saying is, dont rule anything out. You appear to have some space left in case a deal comes along you just cant refuse!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batboy:
Aw screw it, I ain't going into that much debt for a car right now. I gotta get my 72 truck going and lots to do on the Batmobile. I better get some cash saved back up. Does this driveway pic look like I need another car???

Yes.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2000 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Monkey on this one. Of course, if you have to many i'll be happy to take the batmobile off your hands..
snowkttn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2000 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowkttnSend a Private Message to snowkttnDirect Link to This Post
Anytime you need to make space......call me......I would be happy to store one of those gorgeous Fiero's of yours in my driveway *giggling*
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2000 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the offer! She's soooo sweet! I just want to tickle her to make her giggle.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock