Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Need some advice about Girlfriends kitty cat!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need some advice about Girlfriends kitty cat! by bHooper
Started on: 06-23-2000 10:19 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: bHooper on 06-26-2000 03:27 PM
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Guys, and gals, I need some serious advice/help with this one.

My girlfriend is moving into my house with me, my dog and her dog. Thats the good part. The bad part is she has a cat! I am not a cat person, never really been around a house cat, and just don't like the animals. The smell (enclosed cat box) bugs me, this thing drinks from the sink (bugs me) and stays up high (because of the dogs).

I have been patient about this (we have had a 2 week trial with the cat in the house), but she has decided to try and find the cat a good home (if we can).

The problem is, she is going away this Thursday for 3 weeks and there isnt a home for this thing, yet! What do I do!?

Ain't no way I'm changing a cat box! And she knows this. Is there a way to get rid of the odor? To hide this thing?

My girlfriend and I are very happy together, never have any arguments. But she has said that she would never get rid of an animal, for a man... even though she is considering this option.

Help!!! What do I do? Do I pitch a tent in the back yard and live out there, or what?

kreeped out in NC
hoop

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTSend a Private Message to FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I thought this topic was about something else.

"kitty"... Bwahahahaha!

phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post06-23-2000 11:03 AM   Send a Private Message to FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
hate cats. you said you have a back yard, thats a prime ingredient. she's leaving for three weeks,good fortune smiles on you. mix in a shovel and a good cover story (cat ran away, dogs ate it, hey get creative). i don't see the problem.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
FieroGT--Me, too.

phillip--Ditto!

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Hey just call a kennel and have the cat stay there for the time she is gone. Just pick it up the day before she comes back. It may cost some but what's the price of sanity?
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Give the poor kitty a chance. Cats are territorial critters where as dogs are pack animals. The dog's owner is the alpha leader of the pack. Dogs adjust to moves much better than cats. When a cat is forced to move to a new home, it becames freaked out for a while. Especially when forced to live with a couple of frisky dogs. Cleaning the ltterbox is no big deal, even though I don't like doing it. My cat actually prefers going potty outside, so in the summer, I rarely have to clean the box. I just use the "el cheapo" regular style litter (not that expensive clumping crap) and only fill the box about 1/3 full. After a week or whenever the box starts getting gross, dump the whole box into a plastic trash sack or a shopping bag, then tie it off good and deposit it into the outside trash bin. No mess, no fuss...you only have to breathe through your mouth for a couple minutes at worse. I have noticed that single women's pampered female cats tend to be more neurotic than most other cats. My ol' Grizzle Kitty is my best buddy, he's a cool cat.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I have a fat orange cat.. he's cool.. yes, his litter box smells.. he sheds all over the place.. and I'm very allergic to him. but cats are cool..

I didn't think I liked cats, then my sister got one.. now I like the cat more than she does..

Phoenix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhoenixClick Here to visit Phoenix's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhoenixDirect Link to This Post
I've got 4 Cats, they're great - feed them, change their litter (no big deal), they take care of themselves and give you company when you want it. What more could you ask for from a pet.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
By the way, if you don't think women compare how guys treat their pets to how you might treat future children, you better think again. She'll resent getting rid of the cat.
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
phillip... dont think i havn't thought of this option... because i have

this thing has lost 2 teeth in 2 years and sheds like crazy. its old, not feeble, but old...

as for her relating getting rid of her pussy to getting misstreating potential children... fortunately, she feels as i do... no need for em at the moment (if ever). she works with kids 10 months a year, and has little desire to come home to one and deal with its problems.

back to her cat... how do them electric litter box's work? are they reliable? will they keep her dog from eating the litter?

hoop

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
As far as cat box oder, try some Arm & Hammer baking soda in the cat box. It helps kill the smell. Changing a litter box cannot be any more painful than changing a diaper. Your a big boy get over it.

Cats live a long time. Mine I got as an adult in 1986 and she's still around and has become a lap cat in her old age. She's been around longer that the wife was.

I'm not crazy about the long black hair she sheds, but thats what vacuum cleaners are for.

PFF
System Bot
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2000 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
If you have a basement, you can put it in there, and leave it for months. Or you have a type of a backporch inside the house.

Your lucky that your girlfriend is living with you, my gf is now my "friend" so it blows. Her exbf messed up her life, and shes having problems. I wished i had my own house about 4 months ago, but she just tells me im not to blame.

good luck

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
no basement... concrete slab!

but... my parents discovered that they have a large chewing rat living in the crawl space under their house

too bad poor kitty doesnt have any front claws

Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Hoop...Be a big boy and change the darn cat box!

Go to petsmart if available. They have something called "Litter Pearls" or similar. This stuff is expensive but worth every cent. It lasts about 3 weeks and all you have to do is scoop. Surely this cant be that bad Ever stepped in your dog's sh*t??

This stuff is great. Believe me I know. I have dragged our bloody cat around the 11 western states sharing motel rooms with it, as I am now.

Take care of that animal bro...I don't care how cool your woman is about it...if something happens to it in her absense, you will be in your dogs house!

Ozzy

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Hech, as a daddy, I've done more that would have grossed me out ten years ago than I care yo think of. Know what merconium is? You don't want to. The cat's box is easy.

And that stuff about working with kids ten months a year, so I don't want any of my own? Ha, I say. I deal with people five days a week, fifty weeks a year. If I had that mentality, I wouldn't have a wife, much less two kids....

BTW, if she's a teacher, then she isn't in it for the pay.

Anyway, if cat poop is the worst thing you ever run into in your life, count youself lucky. My two kids and two cats are easy to deal with (And when the boy is old enough, I'll just pass the job to him!).

I like the fact that the cats are independent and, essentially, self maintaining. And you gotta dig that attitude. I could toss a ball to a dog on a 95 degree day, and the dog will die of exposure or dehydration before it stops. A cat's expression says it all....

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Dogs treat you like one of the family, cats treat you like staff.
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Keep the cat. Relationships are about adjustments and compromise. It should be easier for you to adjust to something that you don't like than it will be for her to part with an old friend. If she cares enough about you to consider getting rid of it, you can be big enough to let her keep it.

Change the box while she's gone as a favor to her. A couple of minutes of holding your breath will most likely be richly rewarded when she returns.

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
she leaves on thursday, to go to her parents for 3 weeks. the cat is back at her apartment for the duration... she has purchased multiple cat box's, so all i have to do is feed and water the darned thing.

as for it staying when she returns... that is up to her. the thing has been staying in my office, at home, to keep the dogs from eating its litter and food... where the damnd thing has had the trot's 3 outa 5 mornings!

she knows it bugs the you know what out of me... seeing the unsanitary thing lying in the bathroom sink everytime i go there is almost as disgusting as the hair that is everywhere!

i am happy with my girlfriend, as she is with me... we will figure out a way to deal with this thing when she returns.

p.s.... i saw it rubbing and sniffing an electrical plug ... poor kitty

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock