Started on: 06-22-2000 09:18 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Monkeyman on 06-23-2000 12:38 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
This might sound dumb, but what kind of program can I use to track/log the things I've done to the Grape Ape (incl. cost) and also help me to keep track of the projects yet to come (incl. cost)? I want to be able to easily update both lists and change the timing of the project list depending on cost, length of time, etc, etc. I'd prefer not to spend any additional $$ on a new program. I'd like to use an existing Win98 program if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Does your computer have a spreadsheet program? Either Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works, Lotus, or Quattro Pro? Some computers came with one of these type of programs.
These are pretty good for keeping a database. Another Idea is to go to a Used Software store and get an old Database program like Paradox or DBase. Usually these can be picked up for less than $20.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure I've got Office and Works. Are both of these fairly self explanatory? I'm not a computer genius, but I'm not Forrest Gumps half brother either.
lennyb4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
I use a spreedsheet i created in Excell to track my budget. You could also do this in a Access program which would allow you to sort data a various amout of ways (dollar amount, date, key words, etc.)
Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Hey MM...

If your computer came with Win 98, it almost for sure came with Works. Works is a word processor, spreadsheet and database application(s) wrapped into one economical package.

If I was to do this I would use a spreadsheet because it is a little simpler to crunch numbers with. Works has a reasonable tutorial that will show you the basics then you can work out your layout from there.

If you have office, then you will likley have Excel which is a very common spreadsheet and the Cadilac compared to the Works version.

If you like, I have some time on my hands presently...Check if you have Microsoft Works and let me know. I can throw a file together in real simple form and e-mail it to you. You can make up your mind from there.

Ozzy

P.S. Everyone has their preferences in software for many reasons. I respect those reasons also. These are only my opinions...'ows that fer diplomatic!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Ozzy--I'd appreciate your help, but due to your recent virus post I think I may wait a little bit first. Nothing personal, but I have enough trouble with this dang computer. I don't need any more problems right now. I'll catch up with you once I'm reasonably sure I can't catch anything.

Thanx

Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
MM...No problem. I understand your concerns but can assure you that I have resolved my virus problem. I use Norton Anti Virus. I also finally downloaded the security patch Orief was refering to. I'm all squeeky clean again!

Ozzy

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Ozzy--I emailed you. Thanx.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock