A good reason to lower your Fiero!! by olympic
Started on: 06-21-2000 05:12 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Shiner on 06-23-2000 01:06 AM
olympic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
What coincidence! That's exactly the reason why I lowered mine!
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2000 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
doesn't the trail get lower when it gets hooked up to a truck?

I know jackie chan did some movie where he drives a fiero with a lambo kit underneath a truck only with the doors being ripped off because he had them up

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierospeeder:
doesn't the trail get lower when it gets hooked up to a truck?

I know jackie chan did some movie where he drives a fiero with a lambo kit underneath a truck only with the doors being ripped off because he had them up

Not always. Sometimes the trailer gets raised when hooked up.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 06-21-2000).]

lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Olympic... Just out of curiousity, how much room did you have left between yor roof and the trailer?
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Holy instant sun-roof, Batman!!
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't thinking sunroof, tgowens. More like convertible. Cheap way to get that wind in your face feel if you don't mind a few ragged edges.
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Actually Lenny, thats not my car(wish it was though!!) It was origonally posted on another site. It's hard to tell by the picture but there couldn't be more than 2-3" clearance. Having a car this low could make for some interesting freeway maneuvers.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Actually, judging by the space between the tires and the wheel-housing, my Fiero is probably a little bit lower.
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
but Cliff, the real question is.....is your trailer lower too??????
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
God I cant imagine lowering my fiero that much. The ride is harsh enough, then again, I was used to a Buick before I got my current Fiero.

jeff

PFF
System Bot
dman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanSend a Private Message to dmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, my brother and I once had a Fiat (Bertoni) X19 that could do that, it was probably even lower. I'd sometimes get the crazy urge to try that --- while in motion, whenever I'd be driving next to a big rig. Sometimes those truckers wouldn't see me which led to some exciting moments. Thankfully I never did have to perform a real life test of whether we could do it.

And those wooden arm gates, the ones that raise up to let you out, well we could sometimes go right under them. Other times my brother or I would have to walk up to it and lift it an inch or two, but it was pretty cool. Damn did that car handle, plus the feel of the shifter was awesome!!!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
dman--Bertone, not Bertoni. (Sorry. I'm a picky bastard.) He was the designer. I had 2 Fiats in my life. A 124 Spyder and an X19. Loved the targa top on the X19 better than the ragtop on the 124. When I bought my X19, someone had swapped the original springs for something out of a Blazer, I think. That thing was ready to 4 wheel! I got a set of aftermarket springs and had them installed. Dropped it about 3" from stock. Rode like a brick, but looked pretty cool, IMHO. Got any pics of yours??
dman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanSend a Private Message to dmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey monkeyman. Sorry, no pics. That was in '83 or so I think. Back then I'd still see a whole bunch of them around. It wasn't too hard to see old Fiats, MGBs, Triumphs, Alfas and Opel GTs here and there. Now all of those cars are pretty darn scarce!
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2000 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Monkey,
Me and my father are going to be restoring his Pasatano Yellow '69 Fiat Spyder 124 this year. Man, it was like a 60's Fiero; WAY ahead of it's time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock