I've sunken to a new low..... :( by lennyb4
Started on: 06-20-2000 03:08 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 06-27-2000 12:14 AM
lennyb4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
My wife has forced me to do something that i swore i would never do in my life. My wifes conversion van was stolen last friday and when they found it (sunday), it was completely stripped and burned. Well ive sunk to an all time low........i bought a.......FULL SIZE STATION WAGON ....( this might seem weird to some of you but i always said i wouldnt be old until i owned one...) On a side note it is fully loaded and i got it for a steal..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Got the ole' family truckster, eh Len? Did you get the pseudo wood panels on the side? Does it have a luggage rack? How about a 8 foot long bench seat up front? ha ha...ok,ok, enough....sorry, just had to do it! You've still got a Fiero though!
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Hey Lenny, does your wagon have the fake wood? I'll admit it - I think "woody" wagons are so uncool, they're cool. Like the great big Fords from the mid-70's, or the Olds Vista Cruisers, or the last-gen Buick Roadmaster that you could order with an LT-1...

I'm sorry. I think a full-size wagon is far, far cooler than a minivan. Plus you can tow race cars and basket-case Fieros with them, too.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with full size station wagons? I happen to own one of the ultimate full size station wagons, a Suburban! I've owned it since it was brand new in December of 1993 and a was 25 years old. I say embrace it for what it is. There probably isn't a more useful vehicle on the planet. Give me a station wagon over a van any day!

Ain't she a beaut...

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I love my old Suburban, but I beg to differ with you. They're trucks thinly disguised as station wagons. Now a real station wagon is like was already mentioned. A 70's vintage Olds Vista Cruiser...wow! My Dad had one of those babies. Cool aerodynamic tinted glass moonroof with a 455 engine that would cruise 75 MPH all day long on the highway headed for the mountains, fully loaded down with a family of 6 and all their camping gear.
N_Man
No longer registered
Report this Post06-20-2000 09:24 PM   Send a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Its not not a low.

One of the nicest cars Ive ever driven was my parents volvo 740 wagon. Definatly Uncool but nice to drive.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I guess I see what you're getting at, batboy. Still, I guess I'll just have to settle for my super-sized station wagon of a Suburban with a 454 that'll cruise across Montana at 98mph all day... Oh wait, they set a speed limit at 75mph. Dang it, there goes that one, too.

Hey, at least it doesn't scrape the rear bumper across every bump in the road when I go camping like my dad's Oldsmobile did!

Ironhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IronhorseSend a Private Message to IronhorseDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't mind owning a station wagon, I'm 23 year old.... The only catch is that it has to be a mid 60's Nomad with 383small block and TH-700 Tranny
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Full size wagons?
Check this...

http://www.mooneyesusa.com/5EYETEK.htm

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-20-2000).]

FieroGTGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTGirlSend a Private Message to FieroGTGirlDirect Link to This Post
We are looking at buying a new car(so we can park Fiero to keep our low miles on it).

For some reason I refuse to get a 4 door although I think it would be easier when you have passengers. I just can't bring myself to get one. Maybe it is because my first car was a Army Green 1978 Plymouth Volare Station Wagon and that was in 1992.

dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
Not too excited on the new Station wagons, guess that is why I currently have a 1957 Nomad and a 1955 Safari. 2 door wagons, the only way to go. Guess I would sell the Safari
PFF
System Bot
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
dogtired, post some pics of your 55 and 57 ! I'd like to see them. I kinda like wagons. I currently own a 96 "Burban" 4X4. One time I had a 70 Plymouth with a 440ci. and I had a 76 Pontiac Safari with a 455ci. Big time cruisers...really big...lol. Thats my ol Chevy Beaville/Yamahauler behind the Suburban

[This message has been edited by 2M4 Dale (edited 06-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by 2M4 Dale (edited 06-21-2000).]

lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Now dont get me wrong if it was a nomad or a suburban I'd be jumping for joy Its a 86 Caprice Classic (no wood). Drove it last night and i have to admit it runs great rides smoother then a new caddy.

Good point about the towing. Now i have a way to tow home some poor old abandoned fiero's (just gotta find some now)

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2000 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
snow AND mountains!!! i have GOT to get out more. this is coolest thread i've ever seen.....hmmmmm. i've got an idea.
sully5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sully5Send a Private Message to sully5Direct Link to This Post
What's wrong with wagons? My first ride was a 1976 Impala. Metallic brown, beige interior. 400 small block. Like ChadMan said, it is way cooler than a minivan!
Shadow Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow WolfClick Here to visit Shadow Wolf's HomePageSend a Private Message to Shadow WolfDirect Link to This Post
An '86 olds? Well........... at least it's not an import.

Here's a review on the Surburban, for anyone who's interested.
http://www.rideanddrive.com/roadtests/99suburban.html

phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post06-25-2000 10:20 AM   Send a Private Message to Shadow WolfDirect Link to This Post
haven't you been reading carcraft and hotrod? people are digging wagons up and making realy nice rides.

limo tint the windows, update the stereo, find some impala ss or corvette wheels, maybe lower it a little (ok that might be goin' over board, but i think they do firm up the suspension) and be rollin' hard on the blvd. boyeee.

the latest hot rod has a mid 70's olds vista cruiser that looks pretty good.

kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2000 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
Well i thought that you bought a MR2 by the subject that you posted!!!!!!
PHEW, its ok it is not that bad
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2000 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Hey Lenny...we missed you at Mid-Ohio

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock