Converting mp3's to wav files or using Adaptec cd writer by sdm1964
Started on: 06-19-2000 05:31 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: sdm1964 on 06-22-2000 06:24 AM
sdm1964

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2000 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdm1964Click Here to Email sdm1964Send a Private Message to sdm1964Direct Link to This Post
I bought a hewlett packard 6648 and it has a CD writer. It uses Adaptec to write the cd's. I downloaded a bunch of mp3 files this weekend to burn a cd, to play in the fiero of course. Well it seems that it will not copy mp3's to the disk, keeps coming up wrong file type, must be wav file. Is there a way to convert these files? Or do you know how to use this program to burn CD's. It has been driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gkozlov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2000 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gkozlovClick Here to visit gkozlov's HomePageClick Here to Email gkozlovSend a Private Message to gkozlovDirect Link to This Post
If your stereo is not setup to play mp3's you'll need to burn them in wav format. If you need software to do that let me know. I can either send you the programs or tell you where you can download them. Also check out my winamp skins at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=933836&a=6826577
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2000 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I use a program called "MP3 Studio 2000". It will write MP3s to a CD on-the-fly in a format that can be played on any CD player. It's only $19 at Best Buy.

[DISCLAIMER]
Ofcourse you should only use programs like these to burn CDs of your own or copyright-free music. Anything else would be a copyright infringement.
[/DISCLAIMER]

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 95
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2000 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I have a HP too (with adaptec easy cd creator). I searched for mp3 to wav converter and found a free beta download.

also, my brother uses Nero burning ROM and it seems to work good. Good Luck

sdm1964

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2000 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdm1964Click Here to Email sdm1964Send a Private Message to sdm1964Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Guys, I downloaded a program called music match juke box, I am going to try tomorrow, I will look for a converter tommoroow night, been in the upper 90's today, been outside, really beat,
Thanks Stephen
Shadow Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow WolfClick Here to visit Shadow Wolf's HomePageClick Here to Email Shadow WolfSend a Private Message to Shadow WolfDirect Link to This Post
I use a little program called MP3 CDMaker. Takes it directly from the MP3's, and can even equalize the volume so one song doesn't whisper, while another blasts you right out of hte car. Even has a really easy and useful tool for printing CD Covers.

Erm... don't have the URL for it, but a quick search should find it.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 455
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
If you have Winamp, it will convert MP3s directly to wav files.
Right click on the Winamp control panel.
Scroll to "options".
Click "preferences".
Look under the "plug-ins" heading. Click "output".
The first option should be "Nullsoft disk writer plug-in".
Highlight that line, then click "Configure".
Designate the folder that you want your wav files to be written to.

Whenever you "play" any file, it will be written as a wav file to that folder.
Only takes a couple of seconds. It's very fast.

You have to change the output back, to listen to your files.

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceClick Here to Email DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
CD Creator Version 4 will burn the MP3s to CD for use in a regular CD player. I have found all of the previous versions of CD Creator to be completely hokey. There is always something that they wont do.

With v4, all you do is select create audio cd, and then when it asks for the sources, you just drag the MP3 files into the track layout window and clik create.

It sounds like you may have version 3.5

olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicClick Here to Email olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
I use a program I downloaded from www.goldwave.com It works pretty good. You'll also need about 1 gig of free space to convert your mp3's into .wav files. When you decompress a mp3 into a .wav file it can easily take up 50 mb. I installed an old 1 gig HD I had lying around to store my .wav's until they were burned onto a CD.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylClick Here to Email wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a cd burner yesterday. My son already made an audio cd with it. I'm not sure where he downloaded the program but it is called "MP3 to wave converter"
sdm1964

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sdm1964Click Here to Email sdm1964Send a Private Message to sdm1964Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys!! I have drill this weekend so will have to wait for a few more days to try again.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock