Started on: 06-18-2000 09:12 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Fformula88 on 06-22-2000 04:25 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I have a question for anyone in the DC area. I am going to be moving to the area, and am currently looking for jobs there. My biggest problem is interviewing down there because of the high cost of hotels. Does anybody know of some decent places with good rates, or even some short term rentals that are reasonable? I'd really appreciate it... thanks. Oh, and if you are hiring, I'd be glad to send you my resume!!! LOL

Thanks everyone!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
I've visited DC semi regular over the last 15+ years.

1. stay out side the beltway, and get a metro map.
2. stay near a metro station, preferably a park and ride one..(weekend parking is free. I think evenings are as well.) Park and ride is cheaper than cab fair, a bit more than bus. (I think you can get transfer slips from bus to metro, have never done that one myself. Those would reduce the fairs.)
3. nearly everyone in DC can tell you what station they are near. You should never have to make more than one train change. The trains all cross paths in at least one location. Most of DC is within a few blocks of one of more stations.
4. If you think driving into DC will save money I can assure you it will not most of the time. Don't park on the street in DC. (If you don't get broken in, the bizar parking rules will likely get you a fat ticket or towed.)Parking can cost as much as 20-30$ depending on where you have to go.
5. Do make sure you exit the "right end" of a station. Exiting the "wrong" side can add a block or three to your walk. Stations are nearly all fully manned. Ask if you aren't sure. (The sign work takes a hair of getting used to.)

I never drive into DC anymore for anything, even with groups of people. The metro goes nearly every place. It's clean, fast, not very expencive and easy to get around. If the metro doesn't go directly cabs and busses will get you the last bit.

The DC metro and NY subway systems are the best. (You can't pay me to ride Septa in PA. What a pile of crap that system is.)

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2000 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for your tips ogre. I am staying at a place that is semi-near the metro.... or at least they claim its close. They have a shuttle that runs there anyway so I can get to it easily. The first thing I am gonna do is get myself a good map of the area!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock