Gone in 60 Seconds and a little run-in with 'da local police by Shiner
Started on: 06-13-2000 04:17 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: kinboyatuwo on 06-20-2000 10:05 PM
Shiner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Welp, I went out after work to see gone in 60 seconds. What a bitchen movie! Everbody go see it now! You will love how Nicky Cage evades helicopter persuit in his (stolen) Mustang GT500! Be carefull though, because after watching this movie you may feel like trying to boost an old 'Cuda or something

THEN, me and my friend head out for some late night coffee. I needed to get on the other side of the divided road I was on, so I pulled a U-bee at an intersection (I didn't see any no u-turn signs, but I later found out there were FOUR, and I couldn't see even one of them because of the rain! And, to top it off, the left-turn lane light was RED! It was a real bone-headed maneuver, I will admit that. And of course, Mr. Poeleece Ocifer pulls in behind me at the diner. I only got a warning, and Mr. Man even asked how GI60S was! Just goes to show you, there ARE some nice police out there. But I don't think I would have gotten only a warning if I was driving my GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
It doesnt even show you how to really steal a ferrari

Good chase scenes

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
it was an excellent movie.. but like most of todays movies i expected more from all the months of promotion & hype.
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Yes, there are some nice "po-leeces" out there..Im one of em! Maybe he drive a Fiero like me? hmmmmm
Oh yeah...lets try not to use the term "bitchin" anymore..its not 1988! (even though sometimes I wish it were)
fldevel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fldevelSend a Private Message to fldevelDirect Link to This Post
has neone ever been pulled over in a fiero ?
ive flown by police officers just knowing i would get puled over ...but the just wach me fly by ..not that i want to get pulled over but whats up with it ??
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2000 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Oh yes! For a freakin turn signal violation. Just keep knockin on wood my friend, knock on wood.
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
My brother is a cop and so are alot of my friends i grew up with. But i would have to say that there has been times (going 45 in a thirty zone) when i was busted cold, but they never do anything, they just watch me fly bye. Finally stopped one day and asked a cop why? He basicly said its because i've lived around there sooooo long, partied with almost all of them (and trust me when i say cops can PaRtY) and have friends on the force that they'll just tell my wife on me instead...NOOOOOOO!!!!!! (a fate worse then death)
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The first time I drove my 88 coupe (bright red) through town, an officer pulled a "U-ie" in a parking lot, and followed me for several miles. Hasn't happened since. I guess they're used to me, by now. (The mall also opened, so I suppose they have other stuff to worry about.)
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
I'd swear my county (Camden, Georgia) has more Crown Vics per capita than any other, and they are all paid for with drug and DUI money. I love it!!!

Our local cops seem to leave you alone if they recognize you and don't know you for a trouble maker. They have better things to do, like stopping drug runners and DUI's, and keeping a lid on the violent crimes. Everybody gets in a hurry now and then, just don't let it happen in a school or residential area, and you are generally OK.

My Fiero is cop-magnet red (only one like it in the area), so it's not like I blend in, but I won't say I never exceed the limit slightly.

That movie is awesome. Reminded me again of why I will never own a minivan... I'd like to believe that 67 Mustang really had a 427 in it. That sound made my skin crawl! Big block Mustangs rule (as non-Fieros go, at least).

[This message has been edited by 2birds (edited 06-14-2000).]

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2000 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
It took me four whole days after getting my GT before I got pulled over and was called a speed demon. I don't call 40 in a 30mph a speed demon, but I got off with a LONG warning so I shut up and smiled. They did tag me for passing in a no passing zone which was B.S. I didn't see the sign untill I went back to find it hidden in the bushes. Besides I was passed that car before that sign. I noticed they move the sign 50 feet closer so it's easier to see. The cop almost ran over the car I passed to get to me! I couldn't believed how reckless it looked in my rear view mirror. I wasn't even speeding. That's what I thought he was pulling me over for because I thought the speed limit was 30 and I was going 45, but the limit changed a block before to 45. He was just being one of the rare asses in the force. Oh well, you all have a good weekend. I'm outa here!
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2000 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
If a sign is covered by a bush or something take a picture and fight it in court. They're supposed to keep everything in good condition and seeable.
PFF
System Bot
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2000 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
2birds, just out of curiosity, how do your local police determine who is a "drug runner" and who isn't?
WhiteFieroBlur

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFieroBlurSend a Private Message to WhiteFieroBlurDirect Link to This Post
I live in a small town in Oklahoma near Texas and I think I have the only GT in the area too and its my first sports car and I speed like mad in it. I mean you can't help but fly by people. I have had some real close calls by cops seeing me speed and slow down as soon as I see them. But I hadn't been pulled over yet. (knocks on wood).
And with the movie I hadn't seen it yet but hopefull I will in the next week. Too bad there itsn't a fiero GT that they steal in it. I know some fieros have appeared in movies like star trek.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
BNBoomer,

I guess they just get lucky. They seem to get enough that way, from the local papers.

Shadow Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow WolfClick Here to visit Shadow Wolf's HomePageSend a Private Message to Shadow WolfDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I've ever seen a Fiero in a movie??????
kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2000 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
Hey shadow open you eye in the movies
i have seen them all over in the movies
maybee you are driving the wrong car too much
GET BACK IN THE FIERO

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock