What's YOU'RE idea of success? by GT Bastard
Started on: 06-09-2000 11:46 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: DaRkLoRD on 12-31-1995 08:31 PM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I'm just curious what comes to everyone's mind when you think of a "successful" individual... I'm not trying to get down on people who reply with "money" so just be honest.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2000 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
A good poo is enough to keep a smile on my face.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2000 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I'd be very successful if I can ever find a nice lady to play snugglebunnies with me.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2000 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
the guy who owns the very first fiero
someone that has a jay leno garage, and large sums of money, such as, enough money to do a v8 swap on a fiero every single day until they die happy.
winning the indy 500
being Tom green
owning the actual taco bell dog.
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2000 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
All the necessary time to work on interesting projects that test my abilities to the limit, and the material to give me free rein with solutions.
All the above directly tied to money.

And a greater percentage of snugglebunnies will go out of their way to make acquaintance with the genuinely well off.

So I am a poor cranky recluse who will judge success when my youngest child reaches 25. Those children are my only lasting contribution and if they ended up whiners on welfare I would be a failure indeed.

So far I am leaning towards success. I have observed my children comforting and helping other children without any expectation of return, just because they were in need. Makes it hard to be cranky sometimes.

Successfull indeed! But when my hat gets tight I remember there are a few years left to go.

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-1995 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Basically, I think you're successful when you're proud of what you've acheived/earned, whatever the goals may be.

Personally however.. I want my own research & development company. I want to develop biomedical technology, as well as alternative energy products and automated systems to help people, and improve life for everyone on the planet.. robots to build housing in poor countries.. devices to produce pure water, whether drawing from wells or extracted from the air.. huge underground hydroponics bays to grow genetically engineered food that is enriched with vital nutrients etc, to help feed starving people.. geothermal systems to heat and cool buildings in places that can't afford electric or oil heating systems..
(granted, it'd cost a bit to set up.. but it should be fairly cheap and efficient to run)
When I accomplish that... then I'll consider myself truly successful. oh yeah.. love is also very important to success IMHO.. I could have all the money in the world, but unless I had a girl to share it with... it'd be worthless to me. mostly. hehehe. I suppose I could have a bit of fun buying lots of toys.. a different car for each day of the week perhaps.. my own waterpark.. a personal jet.. (ooh, I like that one.. ) but in the long run.. I'd still be unhappy if I was alone.

Sorry for the novel. heh.. a lot of people do equate success with money, and that's normal. like most people, I'd love to be rich.. but I want to become rich by helping people and the planet.. some people think I'm weird for that, and that I'd never make any money by caring about people or the environment.. (then again, the guy that said that wants to move all the humans onto space stations and strip mine the earth...... and he calls me crazy..)

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 12-31-1995).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock