Hey monkey.. by lennyb4
Started on: 06-08-2000 08:38 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Monkeyman on 06-14-2000 10:21 AM
lennyb4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2000 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
There's been something on my mind for a while now. Just out of curiousity whats with the obbsession with primates all about?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2000 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I have always loved 'em! They're one of the smartest people (er...animals?) out there. They are also some of the cutest. (Don't make fun of me, please.) I don't know. Watch some of the gorilla movies and you'll fall in love with them, too. Try this. Log onto www.koko.com and see if you don't come away with some feelings for my friends. (That's just one of many sites, movies, books, etc that my wife and I frequent.) Primates make you feel like you're somebody. They can relate to you. I love dogs. I think they make great pets, but they can't interact with you like a primate could. (No. We don't have any yet. Someday! )

This is a difficult question to answer without revealing more of myself than I really want to. Go to the above website (kinda sad, though. Kokos friend died ) and watch Mighty Joe Young, Born to be Wild, Buddy, or even Project X. If you don't even think about shedding a tear or two, you have no feelings. (Nothing personal) Even through a movie (Buddy was based on a true story), you can feel a bond with them. When you watch MJY or Buddy, you can just imagine giving them a big hug or sitting next to them at the dinner table (well...maybe not MJY ).

I've said too much. I gotta go work on the Grape Ape.

dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2000 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
I really liked Harry and the Hendersons.

Especially the little DOG!

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2000 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Primates are pretty cool, but they can't fly like my beloved bats. Curse Hollywood for spreading untrue and malicious myths about both of these gentle, wonderful critters.
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2000 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
God bless the big cats...especially the panther and the siberian snow tigers.. Now there are two of the most beautifull and mis-understood animals around.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2000 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Do NOT watch Planet of the Apes to get an idea of what primates are like. To those of you that didn't figure it out when you watched it: IT'S FICTION!!!!
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2000 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
My sister sent me this link for all of you monkey fans: http://video.rotten.com/monkey/
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--What do you mean, "Planet of the Apes is fiction."?? Are you sure?
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2000 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I love dogs too, but nothing can fling it's own feces quite like a monkey! Very endearing.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Im with Batboy, Bats eat misquitos and I hate Misquitos. Long live bats!

Monkey, I liked Mighty Joe Young, but as recall that was primarily because Charlize Theron starred in it...

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Hey Monkey, have you ever read "The Chimpanzees of Gombe" by Jane Goodall? It was fascinating. And more than a little disturbing - she chronicles a familial society of chimps over a period of 20 or 25 years and I started to care about them as though they were people in my neighborhood.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Chad--I just called my local used book store. They have it (actually something like 6 copies!) and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Primates are always good reading.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock