Started on: 06-05-2000 12:29 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Standard on 06-07-2000 03:15 AM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2000 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I know this is way off topic, but I just have to brag about how good the Todd show was in Kansas City on June 2, 2000. It was AWESOME! Todd totally ROCKED! Every concert portrays a different side to Todd and this time he was Todd the guitar superhero. It was the power trio with just Todd, Kasum, and Trey on drums. Todd wailed and axed and put on a great show. I especially enjoyed "Black and White", "One World", "Hammer In My Heart", "Love In Action", "Buffalo Grass" and the specially done "Bang On a Drum All Day" solo on the ukulele (he called it an old Hawaiian war chant). My good friends and long time Todd fans, Wayne and Jan, had "after show passes" because they were contest runners up. They got to talk to Todd and got their Todd 'n' me pic, plus they both got their passes autographed, those lucky dogs!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2000 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! I didn't know that Todd still toured. What was the venue? Not that I would recognize anything you named. Just wondered if he was filling arenas or if it was a small concert hall.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2000 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Todd who??
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2000 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Wow thats cool Batboy. I havn't seen Todd in concert since the New Years Eve concert at Richfield Colosium in Cleveland in 1980...lol
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2000 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Todd usually plays little places nowadays. I saw him at a 1000 person capacity club in KC. Although he doesn't draw huge crowds anymore, the ones that do go see him are generally long-time, rabid, hard-core fans. Standard, if you are not joking, I'm goin' hold you down and tickle you until you promise to listen to some of his music...LOL. The "Todd Rundgren Connection" page is down right now, but if you search on that later, it lists the concert calendar for this Todd power trio 2000 tour and various reviews and pics of the previous shows. The above pic that I took and another one of my pics (a close up of Todd) are on that website too. Warning: this tour is high energy rock 'n' roll with blazing guitar riffs! Many remember Todd has lots of electronic "spacey" songs and lots of mellow ballads, but you will only hear a couple mellow tunes this time around. I was right up front, about three rows back from center stage and my left ear is still ringing, even four days later, but I'm getting old.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 06-06-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2000 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone wants to see Todd on this tour, here is the calendar and reviews.

http://www.roadkill.com/todd/tour/t2000

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2000 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
well, I wasn't joking, but i sure hope you were joking about holding me down and tickling me...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock