Talon oil problem by Phaeton
Started on: 05-31-2000 03:37 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Phaeton on 06-02-2000 11:25 AM
Phaeton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2000 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
I've been working with a bud's turbo 2.0 talon with oil pressure problem.

The oil pressure holds steady up to 3000 RPM then starts dropping until about 5000 when it goes into the red zone.
Uphill, downhill or sidways doesn't matter unless its revved over three grand then it's low pressure.

Lots of oil, filter not clogged.

I'm thinking relief valve but cannot figure how it would cause those symptoms, good pressure to three then a steady fall off until the RPMs are brought back down to three again.
The lifters aren't ticking so no air should be in the system (common prob with these) and the power seems fine except I am afraid to really stomp it to the redline with such dinky oil pressure past 4000.

Two days ago the talon ran fine, it started doing this halfway through a twenty minute trip. No loose connections on the sender and no loose oil on the engine.
Could a broken relief spring hold to a set pressure, open, and then not be able to close again until the volume dropped? I'm reaching here.
I just want to dismantle as little of the engine as possible this weekend, if it's not a Fiero it's not fun,it becomes work. Yuck.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87PegasusGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2000 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87PegasusGTSend a Private Message to 87PegasusGTDirect Link to This Post
I had a Turbo Talon for all of 1 month and already had oil problems. Good luck.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2000 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
is there a timing belt connected to the oil pump/distributor? my tbird has that setup.

I had one lady that wanted me to do her timing belt, i went to trak auto to look at the manual, and i said, i cant take that job, it was during the winter, and i had no room in the garage, and the car has like 2 or 3 timing belts and the steps to take it off was A LOT.

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2000 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
Dang! Read the facory manual, THREE oil pressure regulators AND a screened counter-rotating balance shaft set in the oil pan being fed by a regulator that uses the excess pressure to squirt the bottom of the pistons with oil when they come down.

I sure wish those engineers would quit smoking crack on the job!

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2000 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Got the low oil pressure blues? Try new Zapco Racing Oil!! This new oil (approved by the Import Racing Assosciation!) is a special blend of straight 50 wieght tractor oil, glicerine, and "Wang Juice" (our own secret formula). Zapco Racing Oil is 100% guarenteed to cure low oil pressure! In fact, Zapco adds 45hp (dyno tested!). And the best part is, you can buy it at your local 711!
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2000 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
HMMM, well this IS a Chrysler product. Zapco can only help, I am sure.
But all that extra horsepower is liable to make him faster than my Fiero so, reluctantly, I have to pass.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock