How about a VOTE To Delete Option?: by Spyder
Started on: 05-23-2000 12:26 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: frontal lobe on 05-23-2000 11:35 PM
Spyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2000 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
How about a VOTE To Delete Option?:

This would be when someone gets out of hand, the members can vote to have a thread or post deleted after X amount of people pushed the delete option.

Remember when those kids got on here and did all the cussing and name calling. (the reason we have IP logging)
We could have ran them off in the first few minuets.
Also It would be more self governing where Cliff wouldn’t have to break out the mop and broom to clean up the messes.

I don’t know, what do you guys think?
It might help keep things from getting out of hand.
Also if you don’t think this is a good idea: Just Vote To Delete.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2000 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
If this was real-time chat, I might agree. Right now, what we don't police ourselves, Cliff cleans up. I like it that way. I know it's a little upsetting to have a conflict, especially when we went so long without a problem. We're a diverse group and rapidly growing. There's bound to be a few tensions and a situation that gets out of hand once in a while. But will will survive and become stronger because of it. It's hard to make rules to fix human nature.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2000 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

We don't need 1074 (at last count) moderators here.

What we do need is a little common sense and courtesy exhibited by everyone who makes use of this forum.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2000 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with Batboy and Patrick. I can understand the concept, but when you think about it, the actual number of problem threads has been very small. There have been some pretty big blow-outs, but then everyone got back to helping each other with Fieros and being friends, or at least cordial.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock