Started on: 05-16-2000 12:25 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Coconut on 05-17-2000 10:35 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Hi guys,

Give a warm welcome to my new little Miata. I decided to put my Fiero up for sale and purchase a 1990 Miata. I took one out for a test drive and found it was an absolute blast to drive, it doesn't have the torque of my V6, but loves to rev up to the 7200 RPM redline and makes some pretty sweet noises while doing it too I have had some unforgettable memories in my Fiero, but I just felt like I wanted to try driving something different for a while. My Fiero was my first car, and the only car I have only driven, so I figure I should try and drive some other vehicles before I get married and have to buy a minivan!! Anyways, I plan on keeping in touch with you guys and checking out the forum regularly for the newest info. I just wanted to extend a thank you to all of you guys who helped me out with all of my mechanical problems, you guys are a lifesaver. I was very pleased to find out that the Miata drivers are just as die-hard enthusiasts as you guys are, and I found a neat little forum board like we have here for Miata owners, what a relief! So all thats left is finding a buyer for my 87 GT, drop me a line if you are near Saskatchewan and are interested, talk to you guys later.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Traitors!
Infidels!

Sorry. Just kidding.

That's a cool looking Miata. My wife usta have one. If it hadn't been a automatic, we'd probably *still* have it. She bought a Jeep, and was gonna let me have the Miata to play with, but I preferred my Fieros.
BTW...

Check out this link. http://www.monstermotorsports.com/

They're putting Ford 5.0s in Miatas.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ironhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IronhorseSend a Private Message to IronhorseDirect Link to This Post
Alright everybody who got a heart only for a Fiero with evidence to prove it, gather around, pick up a bat, monkeywrench, club, and etc... Give the miata a new bodywork... Those who eat, sleep, and sh*t Fiero.. Pick up these rifles and start shootin the TRAITOR, his name is Lofer87GT. OH AND NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
I'm not about to stone Loafer - that's a nice looking Miata. But, Loafer, I bet you haven't owned your last Fiero. Sooner or later you'll come across someone selling one for an unbelieveable price and you'll pick it up!
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car loafer... Hope you were expecting some good (and not so good) natured ribbing when you posted here though...

It doesn't surprise me the Miata guys are similar... The biggest difference between us and them in most situations is where you are standing...

It might be a few years, but you will be back... There is no such thing as an ex-Fiero fan...

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
LOL, easy on me guys!!! I still plan on getting my silver 88 GT dream car down the road, but right now I just wanted to try something a bit different. As it turns out, I might be able to have my cake and eat it too, my Dad is thinking about buying my 87 GT!
Gold-86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEDirect Link to This Post
Hey Loafer, if that GT gets out of the family and you have an itchin' to drive a fiero, you will long for the ole days. If it is not necessary to part with your Fiero, don't. Sooner or later you will have SELLER'S REMORSE, if you're not sure that is the opposite of BUYER'S REMORSE - which you might just get with that RICER of yours.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
loafer, Nice car but listen to the others. I had an 86 SE bought new in 86, 5 years later I got rid of it. Then about 5 years ago a friend stopped by with his 85 coupe and I missed the Fiero so much that I bought another 86 SE and have been very happy since. If possible keep the GT and slowly restore it to showroom condition. Use the Miata as your daily driver. That way when the urge to cruise comes over you, hop into the Fiero and go! There has never been or ever be a car as unique as the Fiero!
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Thats all I have to say about that.

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Congrats, loafer! You'll love it - they're great cars! Good luck with it and check back every once in awhile.

We'll leave the light on for you ...

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
What a Benadict Arnold! What a traitor. A Miata?!?!

Just kidding. Miata's are awsome cars to drive. I love those wheels on it. Have a great time with your new ride... and come back from the dark side someday!

PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
AHHHH!!!!! A MIATA!!!!
:::having flashbacks:::
I just can't seem to beat them damn things at the track! BUT!!! I will defeat those things... won't rest til I do!

They are nice and that one looks sweet. Have fun with it.

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2000 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
are you planning on putting stickers on it, and also a 5 inch exhaust pipe?
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2000 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Was watching Conan O'Brien the other night. The blond receptionist chick from Ally McBeal was on talking about Mazda giving her a Miata. Her qoute was that she found out that the majority of people who drive Miatas are divorced women and gay men. Have fun with your research.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
nice car
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy,

My wife wants a Miata. Is she trying to tell me something???

Nice car, loafer. There are as many interesting cars out there as Baskin-Robins has flavors. Enjoy it until the next one.

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Thats some scary research! Whats even scarier is that my moms haridresser guy drives one!! Yikes! I'll have to get some obnoxious plate for it like HTROGUY or LDYSMAN lol
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2000 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Just stay away from unfortunate choices like BNTOVER or PTRPUFR.
Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Geez Loafer, just when I'm starting to get used to the familiar names on this board you're gonna up and leave!?!.......(Did I forget to put my deodorant on this morning?....or maybe it's my breath...!?!)
Anyhow,it's been fun, see ya around.

BTW one very good looking car! Keep Cruisin'
Coconut

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock