Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Those who visit alot of internet forums will like this one.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Those who visit alot of internet forums will like this one. by olympic
Started on: 05-16-2000 12:14 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: zeusrekning on 05-17-2000 11:01 PM
olympic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to successfully change the light bulb
and to post to the message board that the light bulb has been changed.

* 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently or more efficiently.

* 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

* 86 to tell how superior their past light bulbs are to yours.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

* 53 to flame (send angry messages to) the others.

* 16 to write to the board administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this message board.

* 19 to post that this board is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a more appropriate location.

23 to demand that posts about changing light bulbs be stopped or deleted! "We are here to talk about cars!"

* 19 to defend the posting to this board, saying that, "We all use light bulbs & therefore the posts ARE relevant to this board."

* 12 to post that "some posters seem to be AGAINST certain brands of light bulbs, no matter how they work in different situations or in different lamps. "Sometimes, it's the lamp's fault, not the bulb, so don't always
blame the bulb."

* 99 to post urgent messages begging everyone to calm down and be peaceful & respectful.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

* 12 to post to the board that they are quitting because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

*2 lone members that know each other that go off in a tangent discussing something totally unrelated amongst themselves.

* 19 to complain that their posts disappeared.

* 1 to propose new light bulb message board for those who want to continue the light bulb discussion.

* 4 to post that they are new and would like some background info on the light bulb brouhaha.

* 26 to post that they don't really want to know. It's all too silly to go into, but welcome to the board!

* 16 people pointing out to the 4 new people where the light bulb discussion FAQ is so that they stop asking the same dumb questions about light bulbs.

And Finally, a moderator to lock out the lightbulb discussion, drawing everone else who had yet opened up the thread about light bulbs to read it, making them wish they had posted about light bulbs before it was locked out.

[This message has been edited by olympic (edited 05-16-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I don't know wether to laugh or take it seriously....
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
As long as you take it lightly
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!! Good one ...
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
* I can remember writing something on this subject not long ago. I think your post would have been better if you had used the bolding option with a few smiley faces.
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
In the last bullet...
- "lightbulb" should be 2 words
- "everone" should be "everyone"

ROTFLMAO

olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of smilies, it was all meant in good fun!! I added a few for anyone new who reads my post. I keep forgetting that its hard to tell the emotions or intentions of typed words.

Anyways, not too many of those comments apply here at PFF. I'm really impressed at how well everyone behaves here. If you want to see perfect examples of the above comments just visit almost any automotive forum with 5000 plus members.(ls1.com, thirdgen.com, musclestang.com, etc.)

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
On the truck forum I belong to, some guy was asking for help with a problem and another guy raked him over the coals about his typing skills and his lack of proficiency of the English language. Exactly what this joke was talking about. The grammer guy got blasted out of the water and was flaming like a bonfire last I saw.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
eye dont cee no ting rong wwith sumbudy having a feww tipINGH OR SPELING ERS (EYE MEEn----erers) as long as ther nice popel (eye meen peeple..no eye meen PURLPEL) FORGET IT...EYE Hav sum frinds that arrnt the best at granmer butt they r some of the nicccest (and snartest) peple (eye men pople0) eye know

(Seriously. )

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
olympic; you did know I was "just kidding"? Right?

Robert

PFF
System Bot
zeusrekning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2000 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zeusrekningSend a Private Message to zeusrekningDirect Link to This Post
i agree the other forum i have been going to lately ( no names we will just say it is a , 4 cycle go-kart forum) the people with no experience have tons of opinons and the experienced people are don't want to give away secrets. I AM NOT RACING GO KARTS. I'M PISSED. This is the only forum where i have always gotten good facts. Some opinions are good also.

example of bad forum above

BOZO WHOSE COUSINS NEIGHBOR WENT TO A GO KART RACE: "Well you have to use butter for oil and add about 1/4 cup sugar to the gas to make it run sweeter"

PROFESSIONAL BUILDER WANTING A BUCK : Well you don't want to do it that way because the rule book says you cant do that on thursdays. but if you send me $2000 i will get you fixed up. Oh bye the way, I can tell you how to do it yourself.

SORRY OLIMPIC BUT I'M PISSED ABOUT THE OTHER FORUMS ALSO. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUS
Does any one not how to hot rod briggs engines?(for lawn mower)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock