How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?
1 to successfully change the light bulb
and to post to the message board that the light bulb has been changed.
* 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently or more efficiently.
* 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
* 86 to tell how superior their past light bulbs are to yours.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
* 53 to flame (send angry messages to) the others.
* 16 to write to the board administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this message board.
* 19 to post that this board is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a more appropriate location.
23 to demand that posts about changing light bulbs be stopped or deleted! "We are here to talk about cars!"
* 19 to defend the posting to this board, saying that, "We all use light bulbs & therefore the posts ARE relevant to this board."
* 12 to post that "some posters seem to be AGAINST certain brands of light bulbs, no matter how they work in different situations or in different lamps. "Sometimes, it's the lamp's fault, not the bulb, so don't always
blame the bulb."
* 99 to post urgent messages begging everyone to calm down and be peaceful & respectful.
27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
* 12 to post to the board that they are quitting because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
*2 lone members that know each other that go off in a tangent discussing something totally unrelated amongst themselves.
* 19 to complain that their posts disappeared.
* 1 to propose new light bulb message board for those who want to continue the light bulb discussion.
* 4 to post that they are new and would like some background info on the light bulb brouhaha.
* 26 to post that they don't really want to know. It's all too silly to go into, but welcome to the board!
* 16 people pointing out to the 4 new people where the light bulb discussion FAQ is so that they stop asking the same dumb questions about light bulbs.
And Finally, a moderator to lock out the lightbulb discussion, drawing everone else who had yet opened up the thread about light bulbs to read it, making them wish they had posted about light bulbs before it was locked out.
[This message has been edited by olympic (edited 05-16-2000).]