Replies: 10
Last post by: sid1200 on 05-16-2000 09:04 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a GM-fit CD/Radio for my Fiero and saw this on eBay (auction has ended but I think the company is still selling this Radio for the same price): http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=324175416 . I was wondering if this is a good deal. Or do you have any other suggestions for a good CD/Radio?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, I just now noticed it's a refurbished CD/Radio. Ok, then anybody know of a good CD/Radio?
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I'm not that into radios but I just picked up 2 Jensen CM715K s CD/Cassette Stereo (GM sized)receivers for $225 ea. The store said they were being discontinued but all the catalogs I've seen call this model new for 2000. Before any one asks 1 is in my car and the other is in my son's. Jobber price is $285. I know that doesn't help you but I found that not much is available in the GM(1 1/2 DIN I think) size.
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I'm really happy with the Pioneer deck I've got in my fiero. All their stuff seems to be great quality. Only about 170 bucks new, and it's 45 by 4.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I've seen the Jensen decks but to be honest, they look a bit... errr... tacky. GT Bastard, what model re you talking about? Is it a GM-fit?
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, just running the adaptor so it doesn't look factory. It still looks nice though.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I have a Pioneer DEH-46DH which is the GM size that is installed without needing any adapters. I really like mine. Check out www.crutchfield.com

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2000 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Yea, breaker one-nine, Cliff! Didn't know there was a big demand for CB radios in Europe, good buddy. The U.S. went through a craze like that in about the mid-70's. It was a lot of fun--for about 3 months. Oh, wait, did you say cD???? I'm so embarrassed. Never mind.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2000 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Cliff (and others)... Check these links.
These are on Alpine's USA site, but they are a direct fit. Don't know if the tuners will do European channel spacing or not, though. http://www.alpine1.com/html/De_n_149_n_n.html http://www.alpine1.com/html/De_n_150_n_n.html
They are a bit more expensive than the Pioneer, but thought they might be of interest.
Also try this one... http://www.aatechnologies.com/pmyradios/pontiac/pmyradios_pontiac.htm
Factory GM radios. These are refurbs, but the prices are good! You will probably need a harness adapter.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2000 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
aatechnologies is a good one. Also try Crutchfield ( www.crutchfield.com ). They seem to have about the best prices I've been able to find. I'll probably buy something from there whenever I can afford it (next summer?).

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 05-15-2000).]

sid1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2000 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sid1200Send a Private Message to sid1200Direct Link to This Post
Cliff,

get yourself a Pontiac CD player like a 99 or 2000 model. They sound pretty good, have 18 presets, and a 7 band equalizer.

got a refurb model and haven't had a problem with it. Also its very easy to install with the harness/antenna adaptor and as a bonus, (important to me) the lighting is the same red as the rest of the fiero, otherwise you'll get green lighting which will look wierd.

just my 2 cents

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock