Started on: 05-12-2000 06:13 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: olympic on 05-14-2000 03:46 PM
DRH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Last week I saw something that MUST fall into the ricer catagory. Technically this car wasn't a ricer since it was a newer caddy. This mod must override country of origin though...

Someone had painted about one inch of the sidewall of the tire silver to make it look (at a VERY quick glance anyway) like it had 17 or 18 inch rims with very low profile tires!!!

What do you think? Ricer???

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Oh man... Haven't seen that one yet.
How cheezy!
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Anybody remember Portawalls?
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Phil, was that those big, wide, gangster whitewalls that you glued onto your tires?
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You got it- actually they had a lip that went under the bead. Even had ones that had a black band then the white (narrow whitewalls) Ah nostalgia (best left remembered)
Carolina 88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina 88GTSend a Private Message to Carolina 88GTDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing the "curb feelers" on ALL four corners of the car.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Traffic light finders?
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Phil is testing to see how old we are and if we are old, if we still remember guano or not. What he's talking about this time was popular back in the late 50's to early 60's I think. It was a gimmick that mounted a mirror or prism to the top of the windshield or maybe onto the rearview mirror (brain is a little fuzzy), so if you pulled up to an intersection too far, you could still see the traffic light through this device. I think they claimed to work better than they really did. This was the kind of crap that made JC Whitney rich in it's early days.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The old Fa*t does it again
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Phil

7033 posts
Member since Apr 99
Fender finders?
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2000 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
You guys lost me after the original post. I haven't heard of any of this stuff.
PFF
System Bot
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
I thought the prism was so you could see the lights through the slit of a windshield on your chopped Merc.
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
ROTFLMAO!! This is too funny...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock