Started on: 05-05-2000 01:18 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Monkeyman on 05-08-2000 10:21 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2000 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I tried a trial version of LViewPro a while back. The trial period ran out (no biggie) so I can no longer use it. I thought I had deleted it, but apparently not. When I had initially downloaded it, it automatically became my default when I opened my files/pics/etc in "My Documents". Once it quit working, I got everything to open with Adobe Photoshop 4.0 (NOT a trail version). Everything went well except now I can't access some of the pics (especially once I tried to transfer them to CD-ROM) because I don't have LViewPro.

How can I change the default program that opens my stuff from LViewPro to Adobe??????

I'd really like to save my pics (I have a couple thousand) in case I crash and burn, but I can't! Help!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2000 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Open Windows Explorer and click "View". Choose "Folder Options", then "File Types". If you see anything with "LViewPro" there, delete it.

Or open Windows Explorer, find the file you wish to open with PhotoShop, right-click it while holding down the SHIFT-key, choose "Open With", choose PhotoShop and make sure the "Always use this program to open this file type" (or something similar) is checked.

b_b_a_d

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2000 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b_b_a_dSend a Private Message to b_b_a_dDirect Link to This Post
Yah... what Cliff said.

Beware downloading shareware programs with time limitations Monkeyman. Sometimes you have to delete keys in the registry to get rid of annoying programs and little quirks that keep popping up... That, or open your wallet to the computer gods and make a sacrificial offering. $$$

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2000 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman,
Just out of curiosity, where did you get your trial version of L-View Pro?
I had a trial version that was included on my original Mindspring disk, about three years ago. It never quit working, just gave me a "nag screen" when I used it.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2000 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I just did a search for "LViewPro" and came up with the link. I don't mind a nag window. I just wish I could pretend that I had never downloaded it.

Cliff--Your idea didn't seem to work. I'll try it again tomorrow. I gotta go to bed now. Just got off of work and I have to be back in there by 3pm for another 17 hours. 108 hours last week and this week doesn't look to be any better. On the plus side, it does seem that this is getting me somewhere as I get to start training for a possible managershipness in a couple of weeks.

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2000 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I love lviewpro because it pops the pictures up quickly when you double click it in a file manager or in mycomputer.

But all my lviewpro are shareware but they have no time expiration. They just show howmany times you have used the program and you click okay.

To get rid of it, do what cliff says cause his pic is so kewl, and also when looking down the list, look at the extensions for jpeg, bmp, gif, etc.. and what program is used to open them.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I'm using LView32. Don't quite know where it came from, I think my brother or dad put it on the 'puter. I don't get any nag screens or anything, because it's freeware. works great! For any real photo stuff, I use Paint Shop Pro 5.0... If anyone wants Lview32, I'll upload it. only 230k zipped.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Standard--You can't say stuff like that in public. Email me, please.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock