Cool DVDs? by burdell1
Started on: 04-27-2000 06:56 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Oreif on 05-02-2000 02:24 AM
burdell1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for burdell1Send a Private Message to burdell1Direct Link to This Post
I recently got a DVD player and I am looking for some cool DVDs to buy....Any suggestions? I'm looking for movies that have lots of extras with them.....I got the mandatory ones of course (The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, etc.) Also, does anyone out there have a digital surround sound setup? I'm thinking about whether or not I should upgrade from Pro-Logic or not....(money is a factor because of my little red, and costly beauty---my 85 GT)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
Burdell, The Sixth Sense is a great DVD, tons of extras and interviews and behind the scenes stuff
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
The Matrix is a must have on DVD. I also like Lost in Space, and although Twister was an OK movie, the Digital sound is just plain sweet...Top Gun is another one to play for the neighbors.....
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I've got the Dobly Digital setup and it's soooooo much better than ProLogic! When I first installed my DD Receiver, I was a bit disappointed with the quality to say the least. I was using my old ProLogic speakers which is totally wrong! To enjoy DD you need 5 good full-range speakers, preferably the same (and not two midrange for the rear that ProLogic uses), or 5 satellites and a sub-woofer. The result will blow you away!

As for good DVDs, my favorites are (in no particular order):

• 5th Element (incredible picture and sound)
  • Bug's life (seriously, the DVD was recorded from it's digital master!)
  • The Matrix (good picture and great sound)
  • Apollo 13 (just a darn good movie!)
  • Contact (amazing sound, picture quality perhaps a bit disappointing)
  • Starship Troopers (ok, not a very good movie but amazing picture and sound)

Actually, I could make this list a whole lot longer since DVD is the best thing since sliced... errr... Fieros.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2000 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
heres some of the movies that i own,
i spend more money on cars then my dvds so i dont have that many

Blade, a vampire movie
rocky IV stallone fan
exorcist III
bruce lee movie 2 of them on one DVD
austin powers II
Rush Hour
Passenger 57
US marshall

superXmotorsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for superXmotorsportsClick Here to visit superXmotorsports's HomePageSend a Private Message to superXmotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
The Matrix (definetly!)
5th Element
Demolition Man
Spawn

I've had DVD with Dolby Digital 6 channel and DTS for a while. Sci-fi is awesome! The colors reproduced are amazing with DVD esp in Spawn and the 5th element.

SXM.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I've got a DVD player, but I'm still running it through my stereo TV. If anyone feels the need to "donate" any old Prologic or DD systems, I'll gladly send you my address!
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2000 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
First, DD surround is GREAT! As for the DVD movies I have that sound and look great are:
Matrix (of course)
Con Air
Speed
Days of Thunder (special edition)
Top Gun
Hunt for Red October
The Die Hard Trillogy
Heavy Metal (collectors edition)
The Mummy (collectors edition)

I have over 40 movies so far!

BTW ~ I have "Titanic" still in cellophane never player to anyone who wants it. (won the DVD on a contest. Wish I could have won the $25,000 instead.) Just E-mail me!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-29-2000).]

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2000 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Bladerunner
Soldier
I would put in Southpark, but don't need the flames from people who can't get past the vulgarity that overwhelms the movie.
But regardless of taste, nothing campares to five channel sound blasting from all sides, sometimes I watch Cats with the picture off just to hear the music coming at me.
FieroMorg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2000 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMorgClick Here to visit FieroMorg's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroMorgDirect Link to This Post
How about Arlington Road.... I heard the DVD version has 2 or 3 different ending. Excellent movie by the way......
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2000 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I just watched The Truman Show yesterday. That's also an excellent movie. Great picture too.
PFF
System Bot
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Oreif,
The only parts of Titanic I liked were (obviously) the nudey scene and the part where Leonardo DeCraprio sinks to the bottom of the ocean, where he belongs. What a horribly over-rated actor. Overall, I wish I could take back the three hours I spent watching that lame movie.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Shiner, I know exactly what you mean! But remember it's on DVD you can watch it at 6X fast forward and only waste 30 minutes!!(a little longer for the freeze frame on the nude sceens! )

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock