Started on: 04-24-2000 06:32 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Monkeyman on 05-02-2000 12:02 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Whew!! We're finally closing on the house we've been trying to buy on Thursday!! I guess all of the recent hard work has been worth it. The surveyors came out today and came up with some odd property lines, though. It seems that one of our property lines is NOT at a 90deg angle. Strange. Actually, this means that there's less room on one side (unfortunately the side where the garage is) but more on the other. I guess I'll have to move the garage when I build a new one in a couple of years. All that's left is the insurance. We weren't supposed to close for another couple of weeks so we hadn't even gotten any quotes yet. Now we have to scramble.
I can't wait. This is my 1st house (wifes 2nd) so I'm excited as heck!!! Finally, I can watch TV in my own home. There are alot of things I've wanted to do to the house that I couldn't for obvious reasons (we've rented here for a couple of years). Now I get to remodel the bathroom, add a fireplace, build a new garage, etc (whenever I get the cash--pretty tight right now!). Wait a minute...Now I have to remodel the bathroom, etc. Let's see. $10k for a new garage, $2500 for a new bathroom...Anyone want to work cheap?? I could do the work myself, but then when I turned on the shower, the garage door would open!
Sorry to be long winded, but I just had to tell someone. (OK. 1000 someones!)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DRH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Monkeyman!

Nothing like the feeling of being able to change whatever you want (even if you can't afford to right away).

BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
Big Congrats Monkey!!!

Maybe we can have an openhouse and help you do some stuff around the house. Wait, that involves time and neither one of us has that.

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I'm a General Contractor Monkey and I will frame the garage as long as you build it no less than 2 miles from my house in Utah and I get to use 2/3 of it.
sully5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sully5Send a Private Message to sully5Direct Link to This Post
congrats MM. Good luck with it. Loved it the day I closed on mine. Still trying to figure out just what the hell i did. fortunately mine already had a 2 car garage. unfortuneatly, i have already outgrown it, and all the stuff in it is not even mine!dad's boat and a bunch of his stuff from where he and mom split up last fall, my captain's motorcycle(that doesn't run),etc. Thank goodness the Fiero ain't real big. Enjoy it.
Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman- Im happy for you, you earned it, now you can enjoy it. Right now im so excited just to be moving out of my parents house. Probly a similar feeling.
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2000 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Good job monkey. Me and my wife just purchased our first home back in Oct. Theres so much to do i dont know where to start. But i agree it feels soooooo good being able to do what ever you want when ever you want with-out having a landlord to deal with..
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2000 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman! Way to go!
And another advantage of home ownership is that Uncle Bill and Hillary will get a lot less of your income, due to interest deductions.
Happy for ya!
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2000 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Postponed until Friday. I can live with that. Now all I need is a winning lottery ticket. We're already making plans. I have some neat software for designing houses. I'm using that to design my new garage (next summer or later ) and to redesign the bathroom. Cool stuff. Privacy fence 1st for my mutt, though. 5 year old, full blooded German Shepherd. I hope he bothers the neighbors. They called the cops last week because the Monkeymobile doesn't run. They obviously have no taste when it comes to automobiles. The surveyors came out yesterday. I'll need to build my new garage on the other side of the house, but I'll have more room for it then! Hate to get long winded, but I'm excited!

Thanx for the space. (Sorry, FD!)

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 04-25-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2000 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Monkey got the cops called on him already! Around here, the neighbors usually they bring cookies over to introduce themselves, not the law. My little town has no zoning (hehehe) and as long as my place looks better than my neighbor's homestead (who is the mayor), I'm cool...LOL.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2000 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You got the costs of the improvements reversed, $10 K for the bathroom and $2.5 K for the garage. Unless you have an especially understanding woman, no garage will cost 4 times more than a bathroom in their mind.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Old Lar--I have the figures correct. I have a very understanding wife. Closing at 3pm tomorrow. (They keep changing it. Must be a woman in charge. Putting on my nomex!) I plan on being asleep through most of it. (73 hours so far this week, a double tonight, 12 hours tomorrow and another 10 1/2 on Friday!) All that time at work for $5.50/hr. If they don't promote me to manager soon, I'll be tempted to get medieval on their a**!
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
You work more in one week than I do in 3!! You really deserve this house! Congratulations!
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
It's mine! It's mine! It's mine! I mean...It's ours! It's ours! It's ours!!! In all reality...It's the banks! It's the banks!...
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, Monkeyman! I hope everything went smoothly today. Even though it's the bank's, you still get to decorate it, remodel it, etc. (mow the lawn, shovel snow...). Are you going to name it, like you did the car? The Monkeycage or something?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--I hadn't thought about naming it. Good idea! I'll have to talk to Monkeygal and see. Everything went fairly smoothly. No major tie ups. I won't have to worry about shoveling snow or cutting the grass after this winter. Here's my plan. I'll let the snow build up on the grass (may have to import a little extra snow for this to work) until it kills the grass. This way I won't have to cut the grass next summer. After the snow melts next spring I'll buy a pair of spiked golf shoes and "aerate" my now grassless (just dirt, I hope) yard. This way the snow that falls next year should just soak into the ground. Problem solved!
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Big rock gardens and flower beds = no mowing. I rarely shovel snow, just use boots and 4X4.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Actually, bb, that's what we have in mind. My wife wants lots of flowers (yuk) and some rock gardens (serious cool factor in my book!) around the front. We don't have much of a front yard, so that should take care of most of it. Actually, we don't have much of a side yard or back yard, either. We bought a small push mower last year and that will mow the yard in about 15 minutes. As a matter of fact, that's probably what I'll be doing tomorrow am when I get off of work!
dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2000 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
The Monkey Mansion
Cool Beans Bud!

Have been having one He!! of a time connecting to the Forum these days, easy everyone I know its this boat anchor I am typing on, but am looking into fixing that situation soon.

Monkeyman drop me a line, I need to order a set of tail-light stickers. You work too many hours that sucks. Does your new Mansion have a big GARAGE?? Or maybe enough realestate to build a Fiero Barn?
I do not remember how old Monkeyboy is? Does he have any Hot-Wheels Fieros??? I have a used (very used) white one I would like to give him. Drop Me a line.
Great score on the Monkey Mansion.

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, MM!! There is nothing like home ownership. I bought my 1st house 2 years ago , and have enjoyed every minute of it! Of course, it will need a paint job soon... guess its time to put it up for sale and move on

Enjoy!

hoop

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I used to work for a guy who only bought cheap, worn out cars. He never fixed anything. He wouldn't even replace the tires. If something wore out that he couldn't live with he just bought another beater and sold the old one. Kind of a waste of $$ if you ask me. He sold me a '78 TA for $500 (what he paid for it). All it needed was a couple headlights and 2 new tires. The body was in decent shape and the interior was like new. I put about $1000 in it, drove it for a couple of years, and sold it for $3000.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock