Started on: 04-24-2000 12:26 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: TOM on 04-26-2000 09:08 PM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Saw a short show on cable today that talked about the street racers of Los Angeles CA. They were talking about how these people were drag racing at night and setting up races. One Item I found funny was the street race code book. I guess it lists cars in classes and determines starting positions. They showed a 72 Nova SS racing an hopped up nissan maxima. The Nissan was spotted "15" car lengths ahead of the Nova! The Nova WON!!! They were also talking how people build up there cars and trailer them to these street races! The program was to show the dangers of street racing and the illegal aspects of it. They showed a few crashes that looked bad and that most of these people don't use saftey equipment like helmuts, harnesses, and roll cages.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
superXmotorsports

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for superXmotorsportsClick Here to visit superXmotorsports's HomePageSend a Private Message to superXmotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
There was an article in TIME magazine recently too about LA street racing. When I lived in Virginia I was lucky enough to be shown a secret spot where the street racers went - I know it's dangerous but it was awesome! I raced my Ninja ZX6 against a GSXR750 a couple times with 100+ people watching. It was at an access road to a closed down water / sewer facility.

SXM.

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Last fall, I found out about a secret street racers hangout in Topeka that used to be located in an industrial area, no traffic nor anything open nearby at night. I was trying to get the Batmobile ready enough to show up some of the ricer boys when the police showed up in force one weekend and busted lots of folks. They shut it down tight.
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
I live in it. I used to go the the "races" pretty much every weekend and on a few ocassions seen cars trailered in. Full on needle nose dragsters and a funny or two.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock