Anyone know anything about Conquests/Starions by Boodoggin
Started on: 04-21-2000 08:21 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: frontal lobe on 04-27-2000 12:38 AM
Boodoggin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
There is an 88 turbo intercooled Conquest for sale by my house it's only a $1000 or best offer. I was thinking of offering him like $700. Are these cars fast? What do you guys think of them? Worth the $700? It is in excellent shape.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
p.s this wouldnt be a fiero replacement, just something to screw around in.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

A friend of mine had a Starion ESI-R, and, once you got past that turbo lag thing, it was quite fast. In fact, at the time, it was the only car that gave me the impression of my recently stolen 280ZX (Naturally aspirated). That was, until I met my first Fiero....

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I have a 92 turbo Plymouth Laser which is pretty much the same animal. After 3000rpm it gets quite snappy. ~200hp and 200ft-lbs in a car about 150lbs heavier than a Fiero
Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
Just got done doing a little research on them found out they push about 180hp and 220lbs of torque! The specifications said it weighed about 2600lbs and cost like 23k in 88. There is also a lot of aftermarket for it. I think they look ugly though. I probly just go take it for a spin tommarrow. Im not expecting much, so maybe ill be pleasently surprised.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2000 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I used to own one. They're great fun until you lunch the turbo (happens far too often). Then I hope you have deep pockets. I lunched my turbo doing 70mph on the freeway. Shut it down immediately and still cooked $3000 worth of engine parts. And I took good care of the car. I love the body style so I ended up dropping about $4500 into it just so that a tree could fall on it the following month! Thank God for full coverage insurance!
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2000 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
If you need one for parts, LMK, there's one sitting on it's brakes here in Myrtle. Other than no wheels it's pretty banged up!
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
for some real numbers on Starions for thier performance abilitys contact James at Engineered Performance. www.engineered.net he has built about 5 12 second Starions/Conquests this year alone... I've ridden in one and OH MY GAWD!!! how cool! 100-140 in about 10 seconds... !!! tires smoking the whoe time!!!! I'd get it! you'll love it. there is a starion day at the shop. you can see it on the web site above... for some dyno numbers and time slips
Boodoggin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2000 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoodogginSend a Private Message to BoodogginDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys! Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it. I need to go drive the starion, you guys got me excited. I called the guy and I was the only one in a week and a half who called so there is no rush. As long as it runs good and holds it's oil of my dads garage floor I might offer him $600. I let you know.

Thanks Again,
Boo

FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTSend a Private Message to FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
If you go ahead and get the car, you'll find out that some replacement parts are pretty damn expensive for it. I know, because my brother had one. The car is still sitting in my garage; hasn't been run in about 1 1/2 years. I'm considering parting it out. The rear quarters and rocker panels have rotted, but the front sheetmetal is all good. Interior is pretty decent. Car sprung a massive leak from one of the oil cooler lines and hasn't seemed worth putting back together.

God help you if you ever need struts. $300 each, from the dealer, and these prices are 5 years old. Take a look at how the front balljoint is incorporated into the strut housing. Great accelerating and handling car, but it does get expensive. Intercooler? ~$700. Rotors? ~$100 each. Hood? ~$500. Fenders? ~$275. Hope you never need an aluminum wheel, 'cause they're about $600 each. Front and rears wheels do NOT interchange, either. Don't ask how I know all of this.......

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about these cars. If you ever need something, e-mail me. I'm sure that I'll still have this thing.

John

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Boodoggin,
If you can get that car for say $800 you would have a lot of fun car for not much money. Look at it this way. Even if you get 8 months out of the car without anything breaking, you only spent $100/month on transportation. So you've got to figure any more time out of the car than that is gravy. So what if the turbo goes after that? If you want to fix it, fine, spend the big money, but if not just junk it and you still had a good deal. If it's really excellent like the guy said, your chances are good. You aren't going to find much more fun in a car for that money. Have fun with it. Just my opinion.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock