Started on: 04-21-2000 11:06 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: olympic on 04-21-2000 10:08 PM
1FST2M6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
We I spoke with someone about Cart racing and me being gutless... I just bought a cart... it's a 95 Cobra (Adjustable suspension from seat) picked it up for $800! With motor! Got his original recipt for both the chassis and motor he spent more than $1200 on the chasis! I'll post a pick monday... It gets delivered sunday. Sleeved block was 5hp briggs, some funky looking carb, billet head, and fiberglas body parts. more to follow soon...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about a supercart or just some little malibu style gocart? I saw a supercart run around a private track in Dallas. That thing was the fastest vehicle on the track all day; I even think a supercart held the track record. Put nitrous on it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I used to race those things when I was young. I still miss that feeling of doing 100mph just an inch of the ground...

I guess that's why I like Fieros so much.

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
100mph???????

I've never even gone that fast in a normal car.... (85mph is the fastest I'm willing to take the Taurus.. probably governed at 100 anyway)

I drove a gokart when I was 10 or 11.. wasn't going nearly that fast.. and I crashed it..

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
not sure about the super-cart badging.. but pretty fast cart more like it... 100mph is easy on this cart.. according to the previous owner and his time slips from the local track. NEVER PAST 85!! what fun is that! At least once a week you should excersie your fiero in to the triple digits!... Gunna try and stop doing that myself and stick to the cart on a closed track with everone going the same direction... not so sure how thats gunna work out though... anyone else have carts?
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Used to race them many moons ago (61). was clocked at 87mph. Single MC6 5.9 cu in 3 carbs twin plugs running methanol and caster. Not bad considering that we had no transmissions.
Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Shifter carts are, according to many racers, the closest thing to simulating F1 car acceration and cornering. The one I saw in Dallas had a huge rear wing on it, but it must have helped because he was turning laps 4 and 5 seconds faster then everyone else including an 800+ hp Viper!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Super Karts can do 165mph and do 0-60 in just over 2 seconds... I've seen those things go and you really don't believe what you're seeing.
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
I plan on building a my own cart this summer. NOt for racing, just for fun. There probably isn't a club or track in this whole province.
I'm thinking of using the rear axle out out a golf cart. They look just like the rear end out of a car, just smaller. I also plan to use a liquid cooled snowmobile engine and centrifugal clutch setup(no gears to shift). I think the golf cart tires would look cool on all four corners. Some of them are really low profile and wide. They would make the cart look like an indy car.
With the right gearing I could get a top speed of 60-70 mph and some mind blowing acceleration.
Toughest part would be getting some brakes to work on the front wheels.(golf cart rear axles have a disk brake on the input shaft). Maybe I could adapt some disk brakes from a motorcycle.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock