Anyone golf? by Richard Parnell
Started on: 04-19-2000 08:11 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Richard Parnell on 04-29-2000 07:41 PM
Richard Parnell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if we had any golfers out there. That's about the main thing I like about Hawaii, you can golf year round. Other than that, it's too crowded and expensive here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
I love hacking it up at the golf course. I have been playing since I was 9 yrs old and still suck at the game though! Me and my buddies call the sport beer ball, we usually load the golf cart up with brews and hit the links. At least with the beer we have something to blame our lousy games on! Seriously though, golf is a great game. Last year I tried to get out for a round every morning before work. I find golfing alone really refreshing,it seems to be a good way to blow off stress , and it also gives you some time to ponder over things.
Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
I'm too poor and busy to play as much golf as I'd like. Usually end up playing alone too because none of my friends are in to it, but Sport Beer Ball on the other hand... I used to be pretty good back in the day. And, I have to say, I'm not too bad now. It just kills me to be even par after 6 or so holes then blow a shot and get a triple bogey because I don't practice enough.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I play golf just for fun once in a while. I really suck, though. I usually get about an 80...then I move on to the back 9!
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2000 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
You wouldn't suspect it but Wisconsin is full of wonderful golf courses. You can only play about 3 months out of the year, though, unless you don't mind playing in below 60 weather. I really like to play but am not very good at it--usually about 90 for 18 holes. My play is limited by time, having 3 young children and now a Fiero to baby, too! If you make it to suburban Milwaukee, I will take you to a nice course. P.S. Just curious. Which island do you live on?
Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
Frontal- I live on the North Shore of Oahu. My wife is from Lancaster Wisconsin, lower sw corner of state. Thanks for the invite. We'll be in Wisconsin in July for a memorial service for her mother who passed away this winter and are planning on playing a round of golf in her memory, she was an avid golfer. Sad that she's gone.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2000 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Kawela or Kahuku?? OK, I confess. I was just trying to impress you. I had to look on the map.

So, can you get a direct flight from Haleiwa to Platteville, or do you have to change planes??? Seriously, where would you fly into?

I am very sorry for you and your wife's loss. Dan.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Yea, I play a little... very little. Many years ago, I started playing and for a while, got very serious about the game. So much so that I found myself spending money that I really couldn't afford (I was in college), spending the time on the course I couldn't afford (should have been studying), and usually leaving in a worse mood than before I started playing (seemed to kick the dog a lot). So, I quit! I didn't pick up a club for over four years. Since then, I play for FUN! I can laugh at my bad shots and marval at a rare good one. I don't practice or spend any of my otherwise "car" time trying to get any better. Life is TOO short the let a ball the size of a dinosaurs brain ruin it. It's just fun to, sometimes, hit something besides my finger!!!

Roy

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2000 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I have a nice set of clubs.....

I play like Crap.
I play so bad an old gray headed lady took my ball.

I wish I could play more, no time, not enough money, Priorities.

I play like MonkeyMan, but on the back nine I drink too much beer. I have to have a designated golf cart driver.

[This message has been edited by Spyder (edited 04-28-2000).]

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2000 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, I love golf. Down here in Myrtle Beach, with over 120 golf courses, golfing is year-round. I'm in a pretty good position right now, I'm a bartender/ manager for a local restaurant, so my boss and I always comp a few head pros at some golf courses here, so they get us on for free!!! Hey, I've lived here for three years, and never payed for golf!! I don't mean to brag or anything
Tomorrow I'll be at the driving range, then 9 holes before work Sunday.

Oh yeah, I remember when Fieros first came out, my dad, who dislikes American cars, didn't buy the black 87 coupe we test-drove because "the golf clubs won't fit", which is BS.

Anyone have a good 3-wood they'd like to sell?

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2000 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Unless you have a staff bag, the clubs fit perfectly. First thing I checked out when I bought my car.
PFF
System Bot
Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2000 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
That's why when the V8 goes in and I have to move the battery, it's going to the front of the car under the spare. My clubs and folding pull cart, along with assorted tools shoes, etc. fit perfect in the "trunk". My clubs are always in the car. You never know when someone might say, " I don't feel like working today. You want to go play a round of golf?"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock