Started on: 04-18-2000 07:32 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: lennyb4 on 04-19-2000 03:26 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

As I mentioned in my previous posts I have been looking for another little sports car to replace my beloved little Fiero. I just got back from taking a 94 Del Sol SI out for a rip and I gotta admit, I was smiling ear to ear. The red line on the little beastie was 8500 RPM and the Vtech model that I drove has 160 Horsepower, not too bad for 1.6 litre engine! The only thing that really bugs me about the car is that it doesn't look anywhere near as good as my old Fiero GT, but the interior is really sweet and the seats fit me just right. I'm really tempted, but I want to look around a bit more. By the way, three weeks later, the GM boys still haven't been able to figure out whats wrong with my GT, and still won't lend me a loner car A least when I do get it back it should be like a new car being as they have replaced everything from the seats back trying to figure the problem out!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
...Just wait till you get caught in a rain storm in that thing.... I hope you brought your parka!
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
But doesn't the torque steer bother you? I hate FWD handling - that's what has always kept me from really liking rice performance cars, as well as Z24's, Taurus SHO's, etc.

It's too bad you live so far from experts like fieroshop, Fiero Motorsports and Ed Parks. Bet any of them could get your GT running right.

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
If they're just going to throw parts at your GT, you might as well just take it back and get help from us. Screw that rice-boy crap.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
The head mechanic at the dealership called today and said that I might as well come and pick it up from them because they have given up on the car. What a load of utter BULLSH*T! After charging me $1300 for parts and labor that didn't fix the problem, the tow bills, and being three weeks without the car they just give up. You guys have no idea how frustrated I am. This is the only dealership that was willing to work on my car, so I guess my only other option is to haul the car 300 kilometers to my old backyard mechanic. The problem if you guys didn't see in the tech section is that the car is stumbling and stalling, the revs surge from 1000 rpm to wherever position you have the throttle depressed to. So when you have the pedal down the car goes Blat-stall-blat-stall-blat! If you drive the car for 15 minutes and shut it off, and fire it back up it does this. This really sucks, its 20+ outside today and everyone is ripping around in their sportscars and I'm still stuck on my bike, it just ain't fair.
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Hey i cant blame you for being upset. But i have to agree with GT Bastard. Dont give up chief. Even if you do...why lower yourself to ricer status. When i first got my fiero it took me almost two months (and around $700) to get it just running, then i saw the light from above or could have been below (which led me here) and from reading all the post and asking questions my duck runs like a champ. I still have ALOT of resto work to do but i know with the help of all my new found friends it shouldnt be a problem...Thanks Guys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock