disc changer by Trixi
Started on: 04-14-2000 02:16 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: phillip on 04-17-2000 06:46 AM
Trixi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrixiSend a Private Message to TrixiDirect Link to This Post
i just bought a disc changer for my 84 se
where would be the best spot to put the changer?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
I put mine behind the passenger seat mounted on the back wall.
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
ditto
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I use to have a changer and had it mounted under the dash on the passenger side of the car mounted way back. That way I could change the cartridge without moving the seat and it was mostly out of sight from "prying eyes"
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
I turned my spare tire over, made a custom cover to put over the hole, then put my CD changer inside. Looks great, and no one knows it's there.

deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2000 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
That spare tire idea is sheer genius...

I'm gonna look at putting mine there too...

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2000 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I mounted my Denon changer on the ceiling. Easy to chage cartridges, looks good, doesn't overheat, and doesn't stay frozen in winter. Pictures at www.geocities.com/fierosound

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-15-2000).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2000 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably put mine behind the passenger seat. The chassis is fairly large so I don't think it'll fit under the dash, but it's a good idea. I'll have to take some measurements. I like Fierosounds idea but I have a sunroof so it just won't go there.
phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post04-17-2000 06:46 AM   Send a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
each time i read a stereo responce from fierosound i think the ideas seem familiar. just checked the web site and now i know. i have that mag. issue. i adaped some of the ideas to my own car and the cd changer idea worked good in my 'vette. good small car/interior ideas.

i just got an '84 fiero and if i put in a changer i may try for one of those din sized changers over head since there's no 3rd brake light it should fit there easy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock