Started on: 04-13-2000 09:36 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: ChadMan on 04-19-2000 09:00 AM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2000 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
A friend of a friend got me a "press pass" to Talledega speedway for this weekend's fun and festivities! Unrestricted access to the pit area, garage and media areas. Life is good! The digital camera is going- just got back from buying another memory card. I will post some of the good ones.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2000 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Cooter! Have a great time. I was thinking how loud it would be and to take ear protection, then I remembered you are a teacher so your ears are broken in!
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Hey Man...get me a picture of Bobby LaBonte in his garage with his car or something......Lucky Devil
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2000 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
Cooter, ill pay you 2 bucks for your tickets.

Have a great time out there, its one of those once in a lifetime chances. While you take your digital camera, also take a plain old camera, and bring a lot of rolls with you. Hey can you steal me a nascar wheel for a souvenier? I saw a trick that they put like a silicon glue on the nuts so they stick to the wheels, for the fast tire changes. Take notice to the things they do their and share your experience with us.

Be safe out there and i see a lot of tire changers get run over.

And bring an extra napkin if you tend to drool like me.

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2000 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
A lot of rain today- but I did get some great pictures in the garage area. But, my computer died this morning, so I pulled the old server out of the closet, swapped in the hard drive from the dead computer and now have a machine up and running again. The only problem is the server board only has one ISA slot and my modem fills that one. My memory card reader is also an ISA card, so I cant access the pictures yet. This sucks! I will figure out something, until then I will just post this one pic that was taken yesterday.
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2000 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Great day today! NO MORE RAIN!!!! The IROC race was great. I only got run off of pit road twice, something about spectators too close during the command to start engines. Another good picture:

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2000 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cooter, Ain't that one bad fast green Poncho ? Go PONTIAC...Go Team GIBBS...Go Bobby LaBonte...
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2000 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Did somebody say LaBonte????
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Well, after a great 3 days of hanging out in the garage area of Talledega, I learned a few things.
A lot of the drivers and crews are really buttholes! I am still in shock over the behavior of some of these "professionals". This was a once in a lifetime chance for me to be where I was, and I am SO dissappointed by the actions of some of those guys. My sister was yelled at by Tony Stewart and some guy on his P/R staff for wanting to take his picture and no, we were not invading any privacy or getting in their way. Ward and Jeff Burton have the manners of a jackass. Daryl Waltrip went out of his way to be a turd. I liked all of those guys, and I know that some of you will not agree, but after what I saw and heard them doing, I dont care a thing for them anymore. On the bright side, I met some of the nicest most decent people ever at the speedway. Kyle Petty was great to chat with. NASCAR inspecter Gary Nelson talked my ears off. Dick Trickle offered to share a smoke on the way to the garage. Many of the IROC support guys took time to talk and share experiences with us. Hank Parker Jr. turned out to be pretty decent to talk to. Even as busy as Bobby LaBonte and Jeff Gordon were, they took time to chat for a minute or two. The Dupont team never got tired of us hanging around. I caught Ray Everham coming out of the restroom and got an autograph on my shirt, a pit road picture with Robert Yates, and then my last mistake of the day: I took a chance that maybe Tony Stewart was having a bad day the day before. So I walked down to where he was getting strapped into his car and tried to get a picture of him and the car. Some woman unparked her self from the front of the car and started waving her hands in my face yelling "NO MORE!! NO MORE!!! WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!" Well, excuse me for admiring the man, but dont worry- It wont happen again!
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I guess they all can't be Southern Gentilmen.Glad to hear the that the guy who drives that mean green Pontiac was a decent fellow.
Foh Fum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foh FumSend a Private Message to Foh FumDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear about Jeff Gordon and the DuPont team being approachable. I'm a fringe NASCAR fan but always thought the fans were much too tough on him. Anyway, I was glad to see him get back on track again. Looks like a great trip & great pics!
PFF
System Bot
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing your stories with us, Cooter. It's sad, but a lot of racers get so full of themselves that they end up being total dicks. I too am glad to hear Gordon and Labonte are nice guys in person. I'm not surprised Stewart is an ass.

There are plenty of jerks on the CART/IRL circuits, but one guy who is really down-to-earth is Al Unser Jr. He genuinely loves his fans and if you catch him when he's not busy, he'll talk your ear off. I can't wait to go see him kick some butt at Indy qualifying 5/20. I will die an Unser fan!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock