Started on: 04-02-2000 02:11 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Patrick on 04-05-2000 11:34 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Canadians: Please divert you course 15 degrees the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER US LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OF COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
lmao!!!
Is that for real? and if so where did you find it?
RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeDirect Link to This Post
Come on, Standard, tell us where you got it. This is hysterical! I'll bet every Canadian member who reads this falls over laughing. Maybe every US member, too.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
As a former member of the US Armed Forces (Army not Navy), I'm just embarrassed! To think that some pompous moron with a scrambled egg on his hat would almost make a mistake like that...And to think that the US is the worlds only "superpower". I'm not scared (yet), but I wonder how many other incidents like that have happened. What if it was someone with the nuclear missle key? Can you say, "Armegeddon"????
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Aw, come on Standard, are you sure you shouldn't have posted this yesterday??!!!
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
So far as I know, this is real. My dad got it from one of his friends.. I sure don't doubt it!
2FAST4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2000 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2FAST4USend a Private Message to 2FAST4UDirect Link to This Post
It's funny for sure, but I remember reading it in Readers Digest "Humor in Uniform" several months ago also. But that does not mean it's not true.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Readers Digests' "Humor In Uniform", "Laughter, the Best Medicine", etc are all supposed to be true.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I recieved that one in email a long while ago, but the ship was given as USS Enterprise. (Aircraft Carrier) That part could have been embellishment, because everyone knows the Enterprise name.
Drapes85Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2000 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drapes85FieroSend a Private Message to Drapes85FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thats pretty funny I'm stationed on that ship right now. The funny thing is thats a west coast carrier and in 95 it was on deployment for most of the year. Wouldn't suprise me at all knowing the Navy that something like that would happen.
Drapes
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2000 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

So, ummmmmm..... Newfoundland is on the east coast. Wouldn't that make this story even more implausible?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock