lambo crx? honda countach? ... more ultimate rice by SpeedPhreak
Started on: 03-24-2000 01:24 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 1FST2M6 on 03-28-2000 04:52 PM
SpeedPhreak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2000 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2000 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Not too bad, I've always like the wing door style. I don't think I'd consider that car "ricey", looks pretty simple on the outside, no stickers, etc. I wonder how wing doors would look on an MR2?

a similar mod to a Fiero would require new doors I think.. ones with a frame around the glass.. and if you did that, then it might be cool to get some windows like a delorean (I think countaches have them too) where the top part of the window is stationary, and only a small part at the bottom rolls down.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2000 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
The scissor doors don't need a frame around the glass. The targa top Lamborghini Diablo doesn't have a door frame. And I don't think you'd want the half windows on a daily driver. Think of what would happen at a toll booth, drive thru, etc. Sure you could open your door, but why? The biggest problem, I think, would be with alignment, but I bet it could be done. Anyone out there want to give it a try????
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2000 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.. if I had doors that cool, I might not mind opening them at a drivethru or something.

what kind of work would be involved in a mod like that?

william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2000 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Friends,

While I don't think that car is worth 50 large... I must admit, the interior and engine bay look damn fine!

darklord,

Street Dreams makes custom door bracketry for Lambo kits. Perhaps you could contact them and see if they would work in other applications as well. Come to think of it... they haven't sounded too intelligent when I have called so I don't know what use they will be. Their hinges do look very nice though. Afterall, they are a machine shop... they should be able to make something as simple as a hinge.

William T. Thorn, III

TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2000 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a link to street dreams. I would like to see some pics of the hinges.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2000 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
A couple of things about this car
1) He has a leaking head gasket, and a leaking valve cover gasket. This thing probably has too high a compression ratio to be running more than the 6psi of boost he is putting in it now!
2) No matter how much money you put into it, you are still driving a FWD Honda Civic
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2000 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
... yes, but I like the drilled pedals!
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2000 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...

How come every time someone gets an Acura engine for their Honda, its always a GS-X Type R. I could be mistaken, but I thought the Type R Acuras were not common in the US. (although the Type R badges and stickers are very popular!)

And whats up with the guy doing an engine swap, adding a turbo (with two intercoolers) but cant be bothered to take the time to fix the gaskets. Even if he paid someone else to do the mods, why spend 50 grand on a CRX, and then get too cheap to replace those gaskets???? Whats another 300-500 bucks???

And he does not think that a steel head gasket will blow through??? I guess he forgot about all those explosions that happen in that particular area.

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2000 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
Type R cars are rare in the states but Motors.. I've tripped over more of them at the shop than I can count. Engineered Performance and Custom Network motor in with HKS (Japanese Tuner) Built that car a while ago I have the article hangin at the shop. He's been trying to sell it for over a year and No takers. Everyone wants a fast car but no one is willing to pay for it. Romeo Ortez was the original payer/owner of the Car and James of Custom Network Motors did all the work the car would have been WAY cooler but he ran out of funding. He was in the HKS booth last year at NOPI with a big for sale sign in the window.. for $45K.. had different wheels on it (18" Racing Hart C2) If you'd like more information on the car and what it CAN do i'll get is from the shop. He beat the hell out of the car after he went broke and thats why it leaks. i sent that page to James and I'll post his reply as soon as he send it to me... The reason he had 2 intercoolers.. he had a twin turbo set up. was a very nice car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock