Nascar by 87GT
Started on: 03-19-2000 06:42 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: bHooper on 03-23-2000 10:33 PM
87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2000 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSend a Private Message to 87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. I am a big Nascar fan and just wanted to know if there were any nascar fans on here too? Ward Burton won the mall.com 400 today in Darlington with his Pontiac Grand Prix. It was Pontiac's first win there since 1963. So far, its been a good year for Pontiac, they even lead the manufactureres points battle. Im lovin it! BTW, I am a Johnny Benson fan believe it or not. Been a fan of his since 1996 when he joined Bahari Racing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2000 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy racing also. I dont really have a favorite driver. I like Gordon, the Labonte brothers, the Burton brothers, and even John Andretti- it must be because he looks like Dana Carvey and I expect him to say, "Well, isn't that special?"
Anyway, I have press passes to the Talledega race next month. I will take the digital camera and post some pic's if I get any good ones.
sully5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2000 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sully5Send a Private Message to sully5Direct Link to This Post
Big NASCAR fan here. Hope to make it to at least one race this year. Today's race was pretty good. I was fortunate enough to be at Rockingham in '95 when Ward had his first win. The new track in Northern KY is opening this year. Hope that they get a Winston Cup race soo. I like just about everybody, esp. the Burtons, the Labontes, and Earnhart.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2000 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Big fan of NASCAR here too! I like Rusty, Ward, Earnhart, and anyone who drives a Pontiac. It's just a shame that Rusty decided to drive a F*^d. He might have had a good year in a Pontiac! (LOL)

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2000 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I'm a big fan too. Go Joe Gibbs Racing!!! Ward Burton's win was well deserved. Love to see those Pontiacs WIN !!!
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2000 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
watch it if its on but dont really follow... however on the world level of 500cc GP road racing some guy buy the name of Gary McCoy came out of now where passing lots o people to take the 1st GP of the season. i didnt watch so i dont have race results, just what was posted on sportbikeworld.com
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2000 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
I like autoracing, but I'm sorry, NASCAR, Busch, and IROC, have become excedingly boring to watch. I'm not even real impressed by IRL. I'll stick to a good Formula 1, or one of the few Winston/NASCAR road coarse races.

I appreciate all the safety improvments that have been made, I don't mind busted cars, I don't want dead drivers. Problem is most of the big US sanctioning bodies have so regulated and driven up the cost of racing it's not fun anymore. The multicar groups are especially annoying. Even at little local tracks the sponsorship circus is making it so soon only the rich will drive.

If they wanted to make IROC interesting real quick they can take some bone stock Vipers or Lambo's add only the requisite safety equipment and go. Put all the drivers in a car they would never or rarely drive under those conditions. That would even the playing field so the NASCAR bias to IROC is nearly gone. As it is IROC is just a little NASCAR/ARCA party most of the time.

But Then, ARCA apears to be run by nitwit whiners anyway. ARCA says they don't want to run Dover anymore because of lousy attendance..... What? they think we're all phsycic? You don't get attendance if you don't promote. The entire Delaware Valley knows when NASCAR is comming, even if they don't care. The City of Dover hardly even knew ARCA was in town.......

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2000 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I like NASCAR (go Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart--Yea! Hoosiers!!!). I really like F1, though. Much more "racing" involved.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2000 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, not NASCAR again...
I am sure you guys don't want to hear my views on NASCAR, so I will keep them to myself. I love GT racing, Formula 1, and ANY and ALL motorcycle races.
SloPonti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2000 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SloPontiSend a Private Message to SloPontiDirect Link to This Post
huge nascar fan here!! the number 1 gordon fan also!!!!!!!! i been to about 5 or 6 races now and have been to all of the brickyard 400 except for the first one! i also collect everything that has to do with nascar! my whole room is made up of nascar stuff! also a fan of all other drivers but my favorite is JEFF GORDON BABY!!!
Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2000 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
Earnhart Forever!!!
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2000 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Don't follow NASCAR at all except when they show highlights on ESPN. I drive my wife crazy with football and my Fiero. If I started following NASCAR, I would probably be single.

I am going to a few races at the new Ky Speedway this year. It is halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville. They are having Craftsman trucks and a few IRL races. Had a chance to go to the Brickyard last year,but my girls were in softball tournaments that weekend. Maybe I shouldn't go. If I do, can anyone recommend a good attorney?

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2000 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
shiner, ogre... i concur with you guys on nascar! best to keep my opinion about that to myself. let's just say, i'm a lost individual in NC

sportscar, f1 and cart are my sports. i am going to the USGP at Indy, was going to the American Le Mans series race at Charlotte next weekend, but I bought a tranny for my Gt... and, well, we know whats more important in the long run, don't we?

looking forward to see Schumacher win in Brazil, and Andretti win in Miami this weekend!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock