Started on: 03-15-2000 11:51 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Spyder on 03-17-2000 12:49 PM
frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
So at supper tonight my 7 year old daughter springs on us that she needs an empty 2 liter bottle for school tomorrow (and a penguin outfit--don't ask). Off to the grocery store for a 2 liter diet mountain dew. Well now it's 10:43 PM central time and I still have 1.5 liters to go. And no, dear, I am NOT going to just pour it down the sink and come to bed. I have $1.25 into this and I'm NOT wasting it. So my question: what advice can you give me on things to eat to make me thirsty enough to get down that last 1500cc?? I'm currently on puffed cheetos but they are running dangerously low.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleClick Here to Email 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
FUN-YUNS Those onion ring things or pork rinds...lol
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
My personal favorite is a giant bag of those "HOT" potato chips. But, I always pay for it the next day.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Update. 11:25 PM CST. 1 liter down. 1 to go. Taste fatigue on the cheese puffs. Like eating styrofoam (I imagine). 2 excellent suggestions, but could use more before re-mounting the Fiero and heading off to the grocery store again.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Ever heard of a Mountain Dew enema?
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Gt Bastard, no I haven't heard of a mountain dew enema, but I've been out of college for a long time.

I would be curious to know what other forum member's favorite snack foods are, because now I need to keep a bag in the bathroom, too. I've been having to spend a lot of time in there for some strange reason.

Cooter, question for your students. Diet mountain dew is to kidneys as _______ is to engines. Ans: turbo (supercharger is also acceptable).

12:06 AM. Final update before going to bed (like I'm going to be able to sleep). Somewhere less than 400cc to go. I will have to get up and polish it off for breakfast before the little one goes off to school. Never tried diet mountain dew on cereal. A first for everything.

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I hope this makes you feel good,
this is some uses for Coca-Cola:
(I'm sure Mt. Dew is similar)
(also these are real uses)

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl.
Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the
bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in
Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the
baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes
before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of
greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The
Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF!
(fyi... the active ingredient in coke is phosphoric acid. its pH is 2.8.
It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. (Cooter, sounds like a class project)
The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!)

DRINK UP!!!!!

Oh yeah, Frontal Lobe, thanks for the email.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Spyder, Thanks for the tips. One question. The Fiero is leaking a little oil on the concrete driveway. Any chance Coke will bleach it out??

12:44 AM Trying to go to sleep again. Good thing I didn't get a 2 liter bottle of Jolt. Anyone remember that?

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerClick Here to Email ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
They have an "ultra" jolt out now. As if the original didn't have enough caffeine...

Are there any other former/active mountain dew junkies out there? I was putting down about 2 liters a day at one point! The caffeine and that yellow #5 really do nasty things to your body. Thank god I stopped drinking it. I can drink a can every now and then, but I have to be carefull with it, or else I get the craving back. I swear, I used to wake up in the morning, and the first thing I thought about was MT. Dew! Be carefull folks!

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceClick Here to Email DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of caustic stuff that people eat....

During the course of a skip day in my senior year in high school, myself and a friend of mine decided to spray "HI" on the hood of another friends car with Cheese Whiz. When he washed it off, a layer of paint came with it....Oops. We were glad it was just an old Nova.

No more cheese whiz for me.

PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Shiner, ultra jolt!!! NO WAY! Do you need a doctor's prescription for it??

DJRice, man, good thing you guys only wrote "hi"!

Final report on the 2 liter project. I went to bed a failure coming up about 300cc short but hoping I could down that last bit for breakfast before the daughter got off to school. I got barely any sleep and then when I finally did, I had this bizarre dream of a blond, 4 foot tall penguin quietly tapping me whispering "Dad" (see initial post), trying to wake me. I decided it was diet mountain dew induced hallucinations and went back to sleep. When I got up it was 8:10AM. Eek! I've overslept. The wife and kids are gone to school and the last of the dew is down the sink. Despair. I've failed. So I go down stairs dejected. But no! Faithful wife has poured it into a tall glass and set it by the sink for me!! Victory is snatched from the jaws of defeat!! Yes, it took me 9 hours, but I got the 2 liters down. Now that I'm a pro at it, if anyone wants to take me on in a 2 liter soda chugging contest...FORGET IT!!

One final plea: still waiting for more favorite snack advice from Fiero owners.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Back in highschool one of the things to do durring lunch hour was have a contests. People would drive down to the local grocery (Chmiels for us), and buy two gallons of milk for each person participating in the contest. Then drive back to school(this was so the milk was fresh and cold). Then, line up the two or three people who want to play the game next to the parking lot. The object was to drink more milk than anyone else could in 5 minutes. Usually it was just over a gallon, maybe 1 1/3 gallons. Then wait ten minutes until the milk got circulating. Whoever drank the most milk without getting sick out in the parking lot was the winner.
Was a pretty entertaining sight, crouds to watch this sport got pretty big at times.

[This message has been edited by fiero56 (edited 03-16-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboyClick Here to Email batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Snacks... Nachos! But not plain... get a big bag of tortilla chips and some HOT salsa and nacho cheese. You must also have HOT peppers, and lots of them. Makes for a great snack. Plus, all the salt on the chips and the Hot salsa and peppers will help you drink 2 liters of just about anything!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
frontal lobe--I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I have no idea what I mean by that, but I figured, with your handle being what it is...

Damn, I'm tired. 8 hrs/day at my new job, 9 hrs/day at my old job and 5 hr/day at the motel doing "extra" things for the boss. (Nothing perverted. Not enough time to explain. Others know what I'm talking about) Yawn!

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Ya we know what you mean Monkey. His "other" job at the hotel is actually an acting job. He makes "Home movies"
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceClick Here to Email DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy some tortilla chips with some nice hot salsa as well.
Luperman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanClick Here to Email LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanDirect Link to This Post
Willy Wonka's everlasting gobstoppers,
usally a box a day is enough.
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Take a stick of butter and a cup of sugar,
Pour sugar in a plate, roll butter in sugar,
Walla a Butter Log.
Cut into pieces and eat promptly.
Also:
I like a to go get a big spoon and a jar of mayonnaise and eat it straight from the jar.
Then wash it down with a tall glass of vegetable oil.
Just kidding,

Besides chicken and cheese nachos my favorite snack would be Buffalo Chicken Fingers!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock